Rock Band 2 v Guitar Hero World Tour

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by és:, Feb 4, 2009.

1. és: macrumors 6502a

és:

It's my little lad's birthday at the end of this month and I'm considering getting him one of these with the rest of the equipment (drums, mic and guitar and cymbals add on) to go with his nintendo wii.

Which one is the better game. He is 6 (so some of it might not be suitable?).

I'm not sure if RB2 is out here (UK) with all the new drums and stuff, if it isn't, when is it to be released?

2. Chone macrumors 65816

Chone

I say look at the track lists and available DLC for both games and decide based on that, Rock Band 2 apparently has better gameplay but I don't think your 6 year old would be critical enough to appreciate or even care about the subtle differences (unless he is a very avid gamer).

You could also make your decision based on the instruments.

3. stainlessliquid macrumors 68000

Rock Band 2 is better on the 360/PS3 but I dont know about the Wii since the Wii has a jacked up way of serving DLC. If you dont plan on buying any extra songs then get RB2. The RB guitar also has buttons at the bottom of the neck which are much smaller and would be easier for kids to play.

4. ChrisBrightwell macrumors 68020

ChrisBrightwell

Having played both pretty extensively, I prefer RB2 to GHWT.

5. és: thread starter macrumors 6502a

és:

Unfortunately it seems that Rock Band 2 isn't out in the UK for Wii or PS3 yet. I'm hoping it's going to be soon. I think RB2 looks a bit better.

6. jhsfosho macrumors 6502

I have RB and RB2, but am looking to pick up GH:WT to try that out as well. Although it seems as if a lot of the tracks are duplicates of RB or RB2 or DLC i have already.