Rock Band on sale this weekend!

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by TraceyS/FL, Oct 30, 2009.

1. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

http://appshopper.com/games/rock-band

Halloween weekend sale apparently - $6.99 instead of $9.99

I was surprised to not see a post on this here - so for those of you that don't hang out in game forums (not that i do - i just saw it breeze by on my appshopper RSS feed), i thought i'd post it for you to catch!

2. styxfan macrumors member

Awesome!!!

Thanks for the heads up. I'll get it either tonight or tomorrow.

3. kicko macrumors 65816

pick this one up on sale!

I got it @$10 but i really like the game. I think it would make more sense to have it on sale for the release to boost sales, then you would not get the "early worms" mad about spening more $$$ just because they wanted to show support.

4. TraceyS/FL thread starter macrumors 68040

I haven't even bought it myself, my kids would be the ones playing - and I wasn't excited about the music selections for them.

I"ll ponder it over the weekend - perhaps they can talk their Dad into an iTunes card.

5. Yasic macrumors member

Yasic

i'd really like to buy it but it's not available in luxembourg, how can a big company like ea be so cruel to leave out all 400.000 of us? :rolleyes:

6. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

My guess is that it's a licensing issue.

7. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

There's no good way to really prevent everyone from being upset. If you release it and put it on sale right away then people gripe because they're unsure the game will work well. If you release it and put on it sale the "early adopters" get their panties in a bunch about having to spend $3.00 more on the game.

I'm quite pleased that I did wait because the reviews are good. I think I'll have to pick this up.

8. alent1234 macrumors 603

can you use your own music on it? sounds like you have to buy music from them which i think is ridiculous

9. TraceyS/FL thread starter macrumors 68040

There wouldn't be anyway to use your own tracks with the way it works.

10. lllll macrumors regular

That's still expensive. Why not $4.99 instead? I might had bought it.

11. Memx macrumors member

Memx

12. admanimal macrumors 68040

Don't forget that you're getting 20 legitimate full songs to play on it with the game. $10 is a good price for a game that is as polished as this one and contains a good amount of licensed content.

13. ozzyman500 macrumors 65816

Man, that sucks. I already put down 10 bucks for this game. Maybe I should learn to be more patient...

14. Randman macrumors 65816

Randman

For less, you can get TapTap's Metallica Revenge. Gameplay is awesome. Bluetooth battlemode and a landscape hard mode with 5 frets to play.

15. caligurl macrumors 68030

caligurl

well crud! that's what i get for being away from mac rumours :mad: i would have bought this!

16. TraceyS/FL thread starter macrumors 68040

You just need to go to Appshopper.com and sign up for a free account, then put it on your want list - and Arn will email you when there is a price change!!

Which doesn't help if they don't do it again, but at least you won't miss out on changes for your wish list apps.

17. aluren macrumors 65816

Yeah, the push email notification from appshopper is awesome. Hopefully there will be a major app sale for Black Friday.

18. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Don't feel bad. I actually went to buy it, thought it downloaded and I believe something happened. It was never purchased. My error no doubt.

19. m4rkie23 macrumors member

20. caligurl macrumors 68030

caligurl

i got this the other day.... i was looking at the app store and voila! it was 6.99 again!

it's a lot of fun, although unless there's something after moscow... i'm almost through the game :eek: (on guitar)

i'm d/l two new songs while i'm typing this....

i was disappointed... i expected to be able to sing like in real rock band and found out it was only tapping :(

hopefully they'll keep adding content! maybe even more achievements!