Rock Band Pricing: $169.99 USD

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by sikkinixx, Sep 28, 2007.

1. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

2. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Strange... Is this a M$ issue or developers at fault as it's not a first party title by anymeans.

Looks fun, but I'll never play it.

3. sikkinixx thread starter macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

well I know M$ doesn't like to give out it's wireless stuff since...well they suck but I read that for Guitar Hero III and Rockband they were gonna allow wireless stuff but maybe they wanna make their own 1st-party ones?

In any case it's a bit of a piss off that they still charge the same amount despite getting a wired controller.

4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Here's the basics that I read in some GamePro mag when GHII came out. MS doesn't want to release their wireless technology and through numerous attempts and massive effort by Red Octane they could not break into what would ultimately give us as wireless controller that wasn't made by MS.

Now, Rock Band seems ok, but I'd rather just buy the game and the guitar because I don't have enough friends to make a band, ergo...GHIII. :) Though graphics may suck I want it for the wii because I bet game play would rock.

5. pcypert macrumors 6502

I just don't play these types of games for the graphics. Wii will do nicely if the controls are alright. Rock band seems like a great novelty but can't really imagine constantly having 4 people over to "jam"...if I have 4 friends around we play real instruments and make real music. I can see folks wasting tons of time "mastering" this...sad to as they could just spend time practicing real instruments...

Paul

6. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

That's not $169.99 USD they're having from me.

7. zero2dash macrumors 6502a

zero2dash

I want to say it's a total buy, day one, but I have a few caveats -

1) it's released on Black Friday, the day after Thanksgiving which is THE WORST SHOPPING DAY OF THE YEAR

2) I like the +$70 more than GH3, but now I'm starting to wonder how much time the game would receive rather than GH3 and which I'd be better off with. I dunno... :eek:

I'm not sure what I'll be buying this time around.
    GH3 for $100 or RB for $170.
    RB is the better bargain IMO but I don't know if I want all these peripherals sitting around or taking up closet space. :confused: