Rock Band purchasing help

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by Dagless, Sep 9, 2009.

1. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I was planning on picking up Rock Band 2 but I'm a bit confused by the options. First off I'm assuming that "Band in the Box" means you get the whole kit, but I can't find a Rock Band 2 "Band in the Box" edition. The only full one I can find is for Rock Band 1.
    So if I buy that can I then go on to buy Rock Band 2 (just the game) at a later date, or the Beatles version and they'll work with the old accessories?

I've also found The Beatles Box version for £180 (more than what I paid for my Xbox!), how come that costs so much compared to the RB1 Box version (£100)? Or is it just to snag moneys off people sneakily?

2. carlosbutler macrumors 6502a

carlosbutler

the beatles £180 set includes limited edition replicas of the beatles instruments. the £110 is just normal instruments, but with the beatles game. band in a box means one mic, one drum set and one guitar.

all accessories will work with other games, including other brand games such as guitar hero instrument and rockband games.

hope that helped

3. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

The drums for RB1 are different than the ones for RB2 or Beatles RB.
    The original RB1 drum kit does not have the plugs that allow you to add the cymbal kit...in case you care about it.

4. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

Thats good to hear! Found a standard version of the Beatles version for around £90 which isn't too bad I guess.
    Gonna get RB2 too (just the game), didn't they used to have an offer where buying a new copy unlocked all the old RB1 songs?

5. creator2456 macrumors 68000

creator2456

You can pay for a code (like $5 USD) and then you are able to export all but 3 songs from RB1 (can't remember which 3) to your HD. They would then be playable in RB2.

You might be thinking of the code for the free 20 songs. If you buy used, I doubt the code will be included or if it is that it will work.

6. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

Just been looking over the RockBand 2 DLC and wondering if you can still purchase and play RB2 downloads in The Beatles version?

7. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

Are they doing something similar to the Rock Band 79 promo in Europe?

https://www.rockband79.com/

If I was ever going to buy Rock Band, I would probably buy it there, but no... I probably won't ever buy RB/GH. But I might get DJ Hero ;)

8. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Not quite. You could export most of the RB1 songs to RB2 if you had an RB1 disc, but buying RB2 didn't just get you RB1 songs. You have to own both. Of course, you *may* be able to get away with borrowing a friend's RB1 disc, but the discs may have a unique ID to prevent you from exporting twice and it's definitely not legal.

No, the Beatles version won't play RB/RB2 DLC, you'll need RB or RB2 (you can play it in either)

9. carlosbutler macrumors 6502a

carlosbutler

I've got rb1, beatles rb and gh:metallica. With gh, can I buy gh songs from PSN, andget them to work with gh:m?

The same for rb, does it not matter which rb version you have (except rb:beatles), will buying them work?