Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zwhaler

macrumors 604
Jun 10, 2006
Pretty lame... knowing that the Wii is capable of Online play :confused:

I'm glad I have a PS3. Are there any rumors of when RB2 will come out? Or should I just go ahead and buy Rock Band when I get home in late April. Because if RB2 is close I am willing to wait.

nintyuser

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 18, 2008
Go ahead and buy rock band for the ps3. :D

It's amazing. The DLC is really great and the world tour mode is sweet. Character creator is the mii software for making rock stars and bands.

Rock Band on the 360 or PS3 is worth it. Plus when rock band 2 does come out you won't have to rebuy all the instruments. You can just get the game and be done with it.

Also there was a huge update for RB for PS3/360 version adding a music store and fixing mic issues too among other things.

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/03/20/rock-band-patch-also-fixing-incidental-issues/

Also there's the frontman for the ps3 which comes out on march 31st so that you can have a fourth controller for RB and GH3 on the PS3.

http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-3..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1206415287&sr=8-1

But if you have the money to get it on the 360/PS3 do it. You won't regret it. Well you'll regret having you time sucked away but isn't why you play games in the first place?:D

Zwhaler

macrumors 604
Jun 10, 2006
Awesome, sounds good. And thanks for the links.

Sorry for the temporary thread hijacking :D

rockthecasbah

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2005
Moorestown, NJ
I saw this last night, no online is pretty weak. 5 extra songs and no online or DLC months and months after it was out for the other consoles? Not quite a fair trade off, especially since it's still $169.99...

I'm certainly not buying.

JackAxe

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2004
In a cup of orange juice.
Their excuse for no online play is complete bull S H ! TE. They even contradict themselves while spewing out this lie.

I guess they don't talk to their Canadian division, last I checked, my copy of MoH2 supports 32 peeps online just fine. They should also look at GH3's online play for reference, to further drive in the fact that they're liars covering up their laziness and low-budget.

Anyway, I won't be buying this half-arse gimped port, not at full price. I would pay less, something that's fair for what it's clearly lacking.

This was only announced yesterday and every where I've looked, 95+% of the posts are pissed off at EA's obvious lack of effort when it comes to the Wii.

I've been up all night working, so will share my lack of tact with EA; F*U EA of North America and willingness to rape Wii consumers. May you chocke your 4th tiered dev teams. ;)

<]=)

nintyuser

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 18, 2008
Man that's harsh JackAxe :D

The sad part is that this will probably sell well since a good majority of wii owners will pick it up.

The biggest question if it's going to support the gh3 wii controller.

Also maybe nintendo will announce a hard-drive. But that's wishful thinking.

The funny thing too is that in Japan Final Fantasy My Life as a King support DLC for things like buying races or clothes.

http://www.siliconera.com/2008/03/25/extra-content-in-my-life-as-a-king-explained/

Zwhaler

macrumors 604
Jun 10, 2006
Yeah, I gotta admit that selling the game at the same $170 is a total rip. If it was $139, then it would be more fair of a compromise. The game costs almost 70% of the price of the console it plays on!

pcypert

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2006
Bangkok
I can see it working if you have a youth group or something and only have a Wii. Otherwise this is just lame. It's like that 300 dollar mech control thing for the original Xbox at this point.

takao

macrumors 68040
Dec 25, 2003
Dornbirn (Austria)
and by the time it launches in europe i'll be already playing guitar hero 4 and be 3 versions of singstar in the future (the pleasure of having friends who are totally addicted to it)

and 169 € just for drumming and being able to pay even more money for DLC ?
sorry i don't like drumming that much

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.