Rocketfish RF-MAB2 - stunning!

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by T4R06, Apr 12, 2010.

1. T4R06 macrumors 65816

Few days ago I created a thread on which Bluetooth headphones will i buy and use for the iPad. Either jaybird or backbeat.

As I'm browsing at bb site and I saw this rocketfish RF-MAB2. The reviews are very overwhelming. So I decided to get one. Last minute shopping, since bb is just around my corner. Oh boy, first of all.. The sound is amazing! the connectivity is flawless! All controls are working except for the next track and previous track. Its not the rocketfish fault but the iPhone. We all know that iPhone doesn't support AVRCR.

So if you are looking for one, I recommend the RF-MAB2

2. jedolley macrumors 68000

I was looking at this same pair as an alternative. I haven't pulled the trigger yet because I've never been a fan of behind the neck headsets. This is obviously going to be a problem since most of your bluetooth headsets are this way, and for good reason.

How comfortable are they? Tho foam looks like it might be a bit scratchy.

3. T4R06 thread starter macrumors 65816

They are actually comfortable. The foam are smooth and best thing is they put rubber on the plastic that touching your ear.

4. ipadcandy macrumors newbie

Hello, by chance, did you test any soft phones with this product? I'm curious to know if 'call' sound will pass through the headphones. Also, if you did not test with a soft phone does the microphone on these headphones work with products like dargon speaking naturally?

Thanks for any insight you can provide.

-John

5. T4R06 thread starter macrumors 65816

im sorry john, i only did test this on wifi model and never had a chance to test it on my iphone.

6. jlevi macrumors member

They work very well on iPhone 4, stunning audio quality and control of the ipod, etc.

Unfortunately, the audio quality when paired to the macbook pro is not so great.... Nothing I can do about it I'm afraid :(

7. jollyman macrumors newbie

If you go into the advanced setting of the Bluetooth device (Mine shows as RF-MAB2) and change the device type to RS-232 instead of Modem the quality is greatly improved.