Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TrickyX

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 28, 2007
Anyone here using a RocketRAID 2314 card? Card works great, however, if I try to boot into Windows via Bootcamp or a Windows CD, it boots into the bios screen of this card like it's running on a PC. Well, the problem is I can't get out of it, the keyboard doesn't work.

If I boot into OS X it is fine. Looking for a way to bypass this BIOS screen if anyone has run into this problem.

macbaj

macrumors newbie
Jul 3, 2007
I found a solution. To boot into windows without pulling the card disconnect all drives.

That got me into windows. Then I could install the drivers for the card in Windows. Then after another reboot (drives still disconnected) I was able to use the Windows util to flash the firmware to the latest rev (I was on 1.12 flashed to 2.2) The key part here is to hit the config button on the firmware flash utility and set the following:

Reallocate EBDA: disabled
INT13: disabled

Once those two are set flash the firmware. . . now shutdown and reconnect the drives. You should now be able to boot into boot camp and OSX freely. . .

You'll still see the RAID BIOS screen when you boot to windows. . . but it will disappear once the Array is detected. I see some garbled looking stuff right after the BIOS screen disappears but then windows starts booting and all is well.

Keep in mind that disabling INT13 will remove your ability to boot to any array off this card. . . I plan on playing around with what is actually needed to correct this problem but I got this solution from a tech at G-Technology who uses the 2314 RocketRAID with their G-SpeedeS line.

Hope this helps. . .even though your post is a couple months old.

TrickyX

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 28, 2007
Awesome

Freaking awesome..

Thanks man, I just was looking into this again tonight as I was wondering if this was ever solved and remembered my post. :)

dgdosen

macrumors 68030
Dec 13, 2003
Seattle
So you can say, set up three or four disks in hardware RAID 5 and have that array visible to both macos and windows?

macbaj

macrumors newbie
Jul 3, 2007
correct, depending on what file system you formatted the array with. Would need to be something like fat16/32. Or some 3rd party app installed on windows to recognize HFS partitions if you formatted it for mac.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.