Rockin the iPhone 4 Naked... w/ Full Body Shield

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DJAznSensation, Aug 21, 2010.

1. DJAznSensation macrumors member

DJAznSensation

Check it out here:http://www.zagg.com/invisibleshield/apple-iphone-4-cases-screen-protectors-covers-skins-shields.php

Ever since I bought my iPhone 4 it was like carrying gold in my hand/pocket and I wanted to protect it at all cost. I did however love the feel of the i4 in it's naked form with all it's glory.

I have always put an invisible shield on mostly all my Apple products (thinking of buying the MacBook pro shields) and I've tried it out for the iPhone 4 and love it.

The zagg shield isn't perfect. I got my hands on the full body shield that includes the shields for the whole aluminum siding of the iPhone 4 and they do advertise that it helps with the antenna issue. False. Holding it in my left hand still brings down the bars to zero. However just putting one finger on the antenna it only goes down 2 bars. I've never really complained about the antenna issue but it is nice knowing there is some sort of alternative besides using a bumper/case.

I've had a lot of practice putting shields on phones and mp3s cause I work at the "Buy More" so installing it is a breeze for me. My 2 gripes with the Zagg shields however is the fact then when on dust tends to go straight to the edge of the shield and home button. The other is that the shields tends to "slide" from the edges like the edges has lost any type of "stick" to them, this happens more so near the wholes for the home button and earpiece. Another thing, with the front shield on it doesn't have the same touch as the naked screen put still fells really nice. The brightness/quality of the retina displays is NOT affected.

Taking that all in I would still recommend the Zagg shields to anyone who likes the i4 just the way it is. The shield for the antenna though you can probably skip out on, but if you can shell out a couple more beans for it it wouldn't hurt.

All in all I love my iPhone 4 naked with a see through towel around it.

-Written on my iPhone 4

UPDATE:

The back screen shield is the worst! I take it back on what I said about the ZAGG shield (this only goes for the shield for the back of the iphone 4). As the iphone was in my pocket, and me sitting down standing up, etc. I took the phone out of my pocket to find out that the screen was almost half-way peeled off and almost crumpled up on itself. This **** is the worst and now its all and has dust all underneath it... Luckily ZAGG has a lifetime warranty and I can get a replacement in hopefully I can cash it in and i'll update again and see how that goes.

2. anonymous guy macrumors 6502

I've got a body shield and a case.

I'm too clumsy with dropping things, though, so that might just be me...

3. aelalfy macrumors 6502a

Hi,

I also bought the ZAGG Full maximum body protection for my and my GF. I installed them both on my and her phone. I made a mistake on mine because its wet application process, so I was very tempted to buy another kit for myself. I read about the dry application WRAPSOL kit, so i decided to try it out.

Now thats a product I would recommend. Its a little thicker than the ZAGG but you can barely see it. It doesn't have that orange texture to it that the ZAGG has. I put my phone (WRAPSOL install) next to my gf's (Zagg install) and I'm very happy I installed WRAPSOL. First of all, it was 10 times easier to install than the zagg and faster as well. It feels nicer on the phone, you can't see it when tilting the phone in a certain way. It protects and I have had it for a month and no problems so far.

Try WRAPSOL ULTRA its really good.

Thanks
    AE

4. Brandonsc macrumors member

I've replaced my rear screen a total of three times now. None of them stick. Something about the back of the iPhone doesn't allow the IS to stick. It still slides around. Its even worse when its hot. The first few times they told me I didn't install it right. This last time, I let the shield sit untouched for 24 hours. Still slides around.

5. Randman macrumors 65816

Randman

6. dennisjr631 macrumors 6502

I have the same problem with the back of my iPhone 4. I emailed zagg and they gave me the b.s. Of how I installed it wrong. I replied and told them how I have installed shields on all my phones. I never had this problem. They said they would offer a one time replacement. What a way not to admit there is a problem. I will never use there ****** shields again.

7. UCLAKoolman macrumors 6502a

I've had the full protection dry install on mine since launch with no peeling or problems. It fits nicely with the apple bumper.

8. Irish Rose macrumors 65816

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A400 Safari/6531.22.7)

I tried it on the back of my iPhone 4 last night, as I already had a PS anti-glare screen on the front..... The back shield was a PIA to install, and it still looked bad 24 hours later, so I took it off and put a PS cover on the back as well. It looks much nicer.

9. satirev macrumors 6502

i tried zagg and hated it. it didnt stay on the phone for more than a few days.

10. jk4lebron23 macrumors 65816

jk4lebron23

i had zagg and loved it and had the wet install and the back was no problem going in and out of my pocket, but i just peeled it off because i have a skin it on the way :D

11. DJAznSensation thread starter macrumors member

DJAznSensation

I have yet to try a dry install... I'm gonna try it within the next week cause I'm heading to the apple store and have them check my battery consumption issue.

Everytime I install the shields I'm not shy in using the supplied liquid, maybe there's still leftover liquid in-between the glass and the shield that causes slippage issues? I'll try it out

12. dennisjr631 macrumors 6502

I had my invisible shield on for over a month and the back still moves around. I would think the liquid had more than enough time to
    Dry.

13. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

How are you rocking naked with a shield? Rocking naked would be without skin shield and cases