Rocking chair and the apple watch

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Jonnyvermont, Apr 25, 2015.

1. Jonnyvermont macrumors newbie

Hi all. I am a rocking fantastic bordering on psychopath. I have rocking chairs everywhere, and rock all day long - have since I had my first rocking horse.

Anyway, I would love to use the health tracking on the apple watch, but I am guessing that this won't work for me. I had a Fitbit, but it said I walked 10000 steps during my morning cup of coffee. Apparently rocking back and forth is seen as walking.

And, if rocking were an exercise, I'd look like The Mountain from GoT. Anyway......

Anyone able to test this for me? I'm hoping that the watch is smart enough to know I'm sitting not walking.

Thank you!

P.S... Just to show you his fanatical I am, I was on a long layover in Charlotte airport, and I made a music video about rocking chairs. I did the music and all right on my iPad. http://youtu.be/dvjjl7ycb-Y

2. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

These devices are not that smart as I can walk over 10,000 steps, offshore, deep sea fishing. My Fitbit also records steps while on the riding mower. Apple's watch will be no different.

None of my business but instead of rocking all day, get out of that chair and walk! It will save your life.