Rocky Raccoon

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by MotionxxUSxx, May 28, 2012.

1. MotionxxUSxx macrumors 6502

Jul 1, 2007
    What is rocky raccoon? I just jail broke my phone with the we absinthe jailbreak yesterday and today cydia is telling me I have a update for rocky raccoon untethered jailbreak. Should I update?
  2. jjk454ss macrumors 601

Jul 10, 2008
    Its what allows you to run untethered on 5.1.1, its installed during the jailbreak process.
  3. MastahRiz macrumors 6502

Aug 7, 2010
    Nobody needs to update it. It's just an updated version of Rocky Racoon because it now supports the new iPhone 4 GSM firmware that was released today...(yesterday?).

If you're already jailbroken, then just go into the package settings and toggle ON "ignore updates."
  4. jjk454ss macrumors 601

Jul 10, 2008
    Or just update it:).

I always like to know when I have updates available.
  5. thelatinist macrumors 603

Aug 15, 2009
    Connecticut, USA
    Some updates are of no use to you; such is this one. Why install it and run a risk, however small, of corrupting a perfectly functional and stable jailbreak? Especially since you can ignore individual package updates in Cydia.
  6. jjk454ss macrumors 601

Jul 10, 2008
    I understand that, I have had a few updates make things worse:). I didn't know you could ignore individual updates either. Thanks:).
  7. NanoNyrd macrumors regular

Dec 1, 2011
    Of course for such a core package, ignoring an update is risky too... Actually updating is probably not very risky, if a core package break you would have heard about it here.

They may be fixing something more or less important. In the corresponding package for 5.0.1 (Corona Untether) there were a number of updates related to getting iBooks to work properly.
  8. lokster macrumors 6502

Feb 7, 2010
    i just updated, and it went fine. updates are suppose to help jailbreak apps run better