Rocky Raccoon

MotionxxUSxx

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 1, 2007
What is rocky raccoon? I just jail broke my phone with the we absinthe jailbreak yesterday and today cydia is telling me I have a update for rocky raccoon untethered jailbreak. Should I update?

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008
What is rocky raccoon? I just jail broke my phone with the we absinthe jailbreak yesterday and today cydia is telling me I have a update for rocky raccoon untethered jailbreak. Should I update?
Its what allows you to run untethered on 5.1.1, its installed during the jailbreak process.

MastahRiz

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2010
Nobody needs to update it. It's just an updated version of Rocky Racoon because it now supports the new iPhone 4 GSM firmware that was released today...(yesterday?).

If you're already jailbroken, then just go into the package settings and toggle ON "ignore updates."

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008
Nobody needs to update it. It's just an updated version of Rocky Racoon because it now supports the new iPhone 4 GSM firmware that was released today...(yesterday?).

If you're already jailbroken, then just go into the package settings and toggle ON "ignore updates."
Or just update it:).

I always like to know when I have updates available.

thelatinist

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2009
Connecticut, USA
Or just update it:).

I always like to know when I have updates available.
Some updates are of no use to you; such is this one. Why install it and run a risk, however small, of corrupting a perfectly functional and stable jailbreak? Especially since you can ignore individual package updates in Cydia.

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008
Some updates are of no use to you; such is this one. Why install it and run a risk, however small, of corrupting a perfectly functional and stable jailbreak? Especially since you can ignore individual package updates in Cydia.
I understand that, I have had a few updates make things worse:). I didn't know you could ignore individual updates either. Thanks:).

NanoNyrd

macrumors regular
Dec 1, 2011
Of course for such a core package, ignoring an update is risky too... Actually updating is probably not very risky, if a core package break you would have heard about it here.

They may be fixing something more or less important. In the corresponding package for 5.0.1 (Corona Untether) there were a number of updates related to getting iBooks to work properly.

lokster

macrumors 6502
Feb 7, 2010
i just updated, and it went fine. updates are suppose to help jailbreak apps run better

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.