rockyourphone - fraudulent cc charges after purchase?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Hambones, Jul 26, 2010.

1. Hambones macrumors member

I have a credit card I use strictly for online transactions, and I use it very rarely (once every month or so). I just purchased mywi from the rockyourphone app (late last week) via my iPad and today I received a phone call from that credit card saying it has a bunch of small fraud-like transactions.

I logged in, sure enough there were about 6-7 transactions (via internet). Called up and canceled the card.

Anyone else have any experience with this from rockyourphone? Due to the rare use of this card I am almost 100% sure these were due to the rockyourphone mywi transaction...

2. BeyondtheTech macrumors 68020

BeyondtheTech

Not very reassuring, considering I just jailbroke my iPad to install the trial of MyWi and about to purchase it on Rock.

At least PayPal offers a virtual credit card that can only be used once, so I'm going to use that to make my purchase and lock out any subsequent charges.

3. cocky jeremy macrumors 68040

cocky jeremy

4. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

My CC company called to tell me someone was trying to charge $577 worth of clothes ..... at some fashion store ..... in China!

Happened a few days after they announced "a few" iTunes accounts were hacked. Hmmm.

5. Mosco macrumors regular

We are talking about a jailbreak app store, not the apple app store.