rogaine...

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by jlewis2k1, Dec 29, 2008.

1. jlewis2k1 macrumors 6502a

jlewis2k1

So anyone here uses rogaine? if so what you think of it?

I am 23 and have a pretty ugly receding hair line so I wanted to take a look at my options. My brothers are pretty close to being bald and my dad is pretty much there.

2. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

No use in fighting nature man, just shave it off and enjoy life as a bald guy.

Grow a kickass goatee, it looks great on bald dudes.

Balding isnt the end of the world.

3. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

I used it when I was 22 and scared of losing my hair. The stuff works, it's just really expensive. And if you stop using it, all the hair you would have lost in that time falls out in about 2 weeks. But if you can afford it, and it doesn;t drive you crazy, give it a try.

I finally shaved my head and it was the best thing I ever did. The universe is trying to tell you that you'll look better without it. ;) I started getting way more dates, and these days I can't keep the guys away. I'm sure the same thing will work with girls. Actually, I know it does, they hit on me too. ;)

My real advice? Shave it off when the time comes.

4. jlewis2k1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

jlewis2k1

The thing is I have like a 2 to 3 inch scar that I don't wish to be shown. So, I would like it to be hidden. Cost isn't much of a concern, are there other options out there that is known to work. All I ever noticed is Rogaine

5. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Give it a try then if you want. And hey- a lot of people find scars sexy. Your only other option is surgical procedures. I know some people who've done that, and with the tech they've got now, it looks completely natural.

6. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Lol somehow I knew lee was going to post in here.:)

7. jlewis2k1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

jlewis2k1

hmm, I haven't met many guys that find them attractive.

8. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Well, you're only 23. It's an acquired taste, I think. ;)

Whatever you do- it's not the end of the world to lose your hair, even with a scar. I understand your concern, though. And I know that it can be scary.

9. jlewis2k1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

jlewis2k1

Thanks :) ... yea this is something that will always make the decision uneasy though.

Just like my friends tell me, there is someone out there for everyone and that I have my whole life ahead of me.

10. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Yep- you're going to be fine, no matter what you decide to do.

EDIT- just looked at your pics. You're very cute! You are gong to be fine. You actually wear the receding thing very well.

11. itcheroni macrumors 6502a

Hey Lee, do you shave your head yourself? I'm thinking about shaving mine but I'm afraid of when it grows back. Won't the 5 o'clock shadow on your head accentuate your hairline? How often does it need to be bic-ed?

12. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

May be worth considering finasteride, a friend of mine takes the stuff and it's stopped their hair loss dead.

Also hair has been known to regrow if you massage the head to promote bloodflow, either directly or by making sure to brush it regularly.

13. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

I do. If you shave twice a week, it should be enough. It looks fine the whole time.

14. Frisco macrumors 68020

I thought Rogaine only worked for baldness on the crown of the head and not on the front of the head (receding hairline)?

15. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

It won't regrow hair at the front, but it will stop it from receding more.

16. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

There is always a senior citizens ear and eyebrow wax, it seems to really work at growing hair.