Rogers 3G s backorder?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by christyn, Jul 17, 2009.

1. christyn macrumors 6502a

2. abz786 macrumors 6502

as a rogers rep i can tell you that iPhones are coming in waves.. 3 iphones coming in next week sometime, which of course will never meet the demand!!!

3. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

Yeah that's like my store too. We were supposed to get in a few a couple days ago, but they never came. No one in Guelph has any that's for sure.

4. Leafs macrumors member

ordered July 7th, still haven't heard anything.

5. christyn thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah, no kidding.
    My dad ordered his over the phone 3 weeks ago and is still waiting.

6. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

I think Rogers underestimated the entire thing. They probably didn't think there would be too many people upgrading/purchasing the 3GS because most users already had a 3G.

I would assume that the next shipment to Rogers will be huge to cover all back orders and any new orders that are being processed in the mean time.

7. AussieOyster macrumors newbie

Jul 10th iPhone Order

Leafs....you ordered on July 7th, I've ordered mine on Jul 10th, have you received your iphone yet?

8. fuzion11 macrumors 65816

fuzion11

9. Keebler macrumors 68030

as someone who ordered June 22nd and didn't receive anything for just over a month, if you have an apple or rogers plus store near you, visit it to get your phone. you'll still get your hardware upgrade (despite what rogers reps may tell you - I was told I couldn't do that at a local rogers store, then another rep said I could (after mine had shipped and I wasn't home!).

i know folks how hadn't received their phone from rogers, went to a local rogers store (who just happened to get a new shipment in) and they were set up.

i'm not sure if it's rogers underestimating the whole thing and/or a combination of apple not supplying them with as much b/c maybe rogers isn't promoting it as much as it is the blackberry line. just a thought - no insider or statistical data :)

10. Leafs macrumors member

i cancelled a while ago. Just went to apple and picked it up there instead. They seem to get way more in then rogers. if you dont have an apple store near by phone around the rogers stores near by. They get them in every once in a while. Also check the random phone stores like wirelesswave. But if you are going the apple/wirelesswave route make sure you cancel beforehand as it takes a day or two to follow through with the cancellation. Hope this helps

11. yanickr1973 macrumors newbie

Same thing here

Quite a story to try to get an Iphone 3GS...

First I call Rogers around the 10th of july to upgrade to the Iphone 3GS
    Everything is ok they give me a new data plan for the Iphone and tell me the phone is backorder and it may take up to 10 days to get it, no problem I am willing to wait.

two days later I try to go on the internet on my blackberry and guess what...it don't work... I call rogers, they tell me it's because my data plan is already changed for the Iphone...pfff

no problem, anyway I was to sell my blackberry to help pay the iphone.

so I sell my blackberry on Ebay

then 3 weeks ago I am tired to wait, I call Rogers and they can't give me a date yet...they say when the phone comes in I will get a email with a ups tracking number...

I then call the Rogers store at the nearest Mall...They have it in stock!!!

great! so off to the mall I go...I give the rep my phone number....oh sorry I can't give it to you because your order is not cancelled in the system...

Well I can call the to cancell and then you give me the phone? ... No sir it takes about 24 to 48 hours to appear in the system...!!!

Back home I go... I call Rogers to cancell, everything is ok and guess what...no in this case I don't have to wait, since the phone is backorder the cancellation is effective immediately!!!!!!!!!!

I call back at the mall, I explain this to the rep I earlyer talked to and ask him if he can check this over phone so I don't have to go to the mall again for nothing...YES everithing is ok

What data plan do you want sir...I already have a data plan they gave it to me by phone...OH sorry sir I can't sell you the phone because you already got your data plan with customer service over phone...it's a ROGERS POLICY...so he tells me!

Grrr....back to Rogers on the phone, explains what just happened to the rep...good he cancels my cancellation and tells me....you know sir...there is no such ROGERS POLICY for getting your data plan and then going to the store buying the phone....he told you this because he was loosing is commission on the data plan...$##$#$!!!!!!!!!

So here I am with my old and trusty Sony W810I, waiting for my Iphone...

But hey, it's only a phone after all !

Have a nice day everybody!

12. yanickr1973 macrumors newbie

Finally got it!!!!

Hi guys, just to let you know that I received my 3GS today, looks great and works great!

Have a nice day all!