Rogers and iPhone 4 exchange at the Apple Store.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jare, Aug 9, 2010.

1. Jare macrumors 65816

Jare

So here's what's happening to me so far, maybe someone could chime in.

I purchased my iPhone 4 (HUP through the Apple Store) 5 days ago but they were sold out of the 32GB iPhone and I really didn't want to wait another 3/4 hours in line another day. So I was told I could HUP to a 16GB, use it as I need and then come back and do an exchange for a 32GB.

So I went this morning to do it and was stuck for over 3 hours at the Apple Store because Rogers was NOT allowing me to cancel my HUP and re-do it. Basically Apple tried to refund the phone and the 399$ and then process the 32GB for 499. But when they refunded the phone, it did NOT remove the 399$ and only refunded for "$0.00" and kept my contract for another 3 years still.

After countless calls to Rogers, they keep telling me the Apple Store should be able to return the phone and my contract would go back to how it used to be, as if I never HUP'd and I'd be re-eligible for a 32GB. I finally talked to a rep in Retentions through Rogers and he told me he fixed everything and gave me an interaction ID.

So I go BACK to the Apple store and talk with the Manager, who calls Rogers and gives the interaction ID. 2 hours later he comes out of the back and says "So we tried to call and basically the lady told me this is not going to happen, Rogers wont reset your HUP so we're going to have to call the Regional Manager of Rogers and try discussing this issue further through escalation."

Gave me my phone back and the receipt/bill. My iPhone 4 is in MINT condition and did go over the 15 minutes of call time but I was told IT DIDN'T matter by both Rogers and Apple at the time of purchase, and even the rep I spoke with confirmed it but it seems every time APPLE calls Rogers they get a different answer.

What do I do?

2. Cynikal.Mindset macrumors 6502a

shouldn't have been greedy and just waited it out...Rogers is pretty strict on their 15min or whatever it is...I guess all you can do at this point is keep trying or suck it up and live with a 16gb iPhone 4

3. Jare thread starter macrumors 65816

Jare

The thing wasn't really greed it was more pressure then anything from the Apple Store to get the phone NOW and I'll be able to get the one I want later.

4. Autopilot638 macrumors 6502

Sell it for profit then buy 32GB.

Any 4's are still hard to come by so you shouldn't have a problem.

5. Jare thread starter macrumors 65816

Jare

I highly doubt I'll be able to sell my iP4 for enough to purchase the 32GB. It's 779$ + tax

6. Jare thread starter macrumors 65816

Jare

7. Sneakz macrumors 65816

Sneakz

If you were told that going over your 15 mins of talk time would not stop you from being able to return it, you were lied to. Rogers hadnit stated on the iPhone 4 page the day before the phone came out that if you went over 15 mins, you can't return the phone. It's their standard policy for all handsets.

8. Jare thread starter macrumors 65816

Jare

Yeah see that's what I was told. I would have waited for the 32GB if I wasn't told I could return it and get a 32GB easily.

I guess they were just pressuring me for a sale.