Rogers Announces/Cancels $20 iPad Plan

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ClassicBean, May 10, 2010.

1. ClassicBean macrumors 6502a

This morning, Rogers announced a $20 plan for the iPad that would allow you to share your data on an existing plan.

This afternoon, they said it was a mistake.

Below are the before and afters. Thanks Rogers!

Attached Files:

2. barkomatic macrumors 68040

The iPad won't be sim locked in Canada to Rogers correct? Can you go to another carrier for a better deal?

3. ClassicBean thread starter macrumors 6502a

You can go to any carrier but the other big two haven't announced anything yet.

4. Redneck1089 macrumors 65816

Redneck1089

I'm just cutting my existing SIM down to use with my iPad. Then I'll use my newly purchased microsim to minisim adapter to go back to using my iPhone. I'm not paying these crooks anymore money. They're already getting close to $115 a month from me.

5. razorme macrumors regular

razorme

I was content with the $20 option to use my existing iPhone plan (6 GB). I didn't think it was a great deal, since I assumed it was $20/mth, but fair enough. $20/mth makes sense in relation to the other two items since I will be offloading my iPhone use onto it, and it keeps me locked into Rogers with my iPhone at the same time.

Now, things are different! Even if Telus/Bell are the same as Rogers with cost, I will switch to them out of anger, with the iPhone to follow. I know Bellus is no better, but it will still feel good.

Yes, the iPad plans are cheaper than the normal going rate, but remember, they are cheaper because Apple has locked out the ability to tether with your phone - Rogers needs to add that $20 option back, pronto.

6. naftalim macrumors 6502

Good choice.

What I have done is take my old 3G iPhone (I now use the 3Gs) and jailbroke it and installed MyWI. Now, when I need 3G, I just transfer the SIM over and launch MyWI. Its a bit of a hassle to carry both phones, but I carry the iPad in a bag anyway. No way I'm paying Rogers more for another device when I'm already paying them for 6GB data plan.

7. steve31 macrumors 6502a

steve31

I just ordered the same. 250mb is not enough for me and 35 for 5gb is too high. I would have gladly paid the 20 to link it to my iPhone plan....now they get nothing.

8. brendanryder macrumors 6502a

brendanryder

This is unbelievable.
    How can a "mistake" like this happen?! i bought my 3G just for that plan. I hope bell/telus has some sort of plan so i can give them my business because this is absolute horse *****.