Rogers.Buy phone outright

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gullaa, Jun 10, 2008.

1. gullaa macrumors member

gullaa

i just got off the phone with a rogers rep..and he told me that i was not eligible for a hardware upgrade because i just added a data plan 3 months ago for my old iphone..however, come july 11th rogers will come out with specials plans for the iphone, and he told me that you can buy the phone outright from any Apple, Rogers, or fido store

2. aerospace macrumors 6502a

it will be the same for many other countries..instead of usa exporting to the world, the world will export unlocked phones to us in V2

3. Clipse79 macrumors regular

I`m not trusting anything until it is posted on the website. Everyone talks to someone. Well I know more than most Rogers employees in there stores about their own dang phones...

4. Hoopdy macrumors 6502

We already know Apple will not be selling the iPhone outright, and no other carrier will be either. You'll be surprised how often Rogers will llie to keep you a customer.

5. aerospace macrumors 6502a

Some countries are required by law that phones be unlocked, so just import from one of those. If not canada than someone else.

6. rioja macrumors regular

Not really, they lie to me every time I have to call them!

7. priesty16 macrumors newbie

i live in Australia, and im pretty shore by law that our phones have to be unlocked if we/I ask for them to be.

8. brendanryder macrumors 6502a

brendanryder

9. samab macrumors 6502a

Only Belgium and Singapore have anti-simlocking laws --- period. And Belgium is repealing the law right now.

Before the iphone's launch in Europe 6 months ago --- people were saying the same thing as well. How this country and that country don't allow this and that --- guess how wrong these people are.