Rogers customers in Toronto

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Pandora01, Sep 17, 2008.

1. Pandora01 macrumors regular

I'm on the phone with Rogers right now and they confirm that they have been having network outages in downtown Toronto today.

Also, they tell me that some of my network connection problems today are due to the fact that I don't have a 4000-series SIM card. The 2.1 update caused a conflict with my old SIM card, according to them. So I have to go get a new one.

Can anyone tell me, did your iPhone come with a new SIM card in it? The CSR who sold me my iPhone (over the phone) asked me whether I wanted a new one or not. I said no, and would swear my iPhone came with a fake cardboard SIM card in the tray. Please tell me I didn't throw away a real SIM card!

2. cellocello macrumors 68000

cellocello

Hm, weird.

I'm on Fido uptown and everything's pretty ok I guess. I recently had my phone swapped for a new one (about a week or so ago) and the girl at the Apple Store just swapped my existing SIM.

This is the first I've heard of this "4000 series" stuff -- where can you check that?

3. Pandora01 thread starter macrumors regular

I'm not sure. I was hoping someone here knew something about it!

4. Peterg2 macrumors 6502a

When I purchased my iphone from the Montreal Rogers Plus store 12 days ago they popped in my non-3g sim card which came with my Sony Ericsson K790a and put the 3G 4000 series sim card (red on the back) in my iphone box.

A few days later I activated the new card. Sorry to say, I think you threw out your new sim card.