ROGERS doesn't care about its customers!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by stakis, Jul 9, 2008.

1. stakis macrumors member

So even though Rogers announced that it will offer a 6gb data cap to Iphone customers, its still doesn't fix things... the main reason?? It expires on August 31st... What's with that...??? they are basically saying... Hey all you people that stand up for what you want.... Shut up for the next 2 months, and make us look good by flocking to our stores and buying up the iphone to make good press... and we'll give you 6gb @ $30/month

Now I'm not complaining about it no being unlimited, I'm saying... why this Temporary patch???

well here it is

John Boynton, the senior vice-president and chief marketing officer of Rogers Wireless, commented on the tens of thousands of people that have taken a stand on cell phone prices. (in reference to their new improved limited time $30 plan)

“What we’re trying to do is satisfy a very small group of people, the early adopters,” he said. “When those customers are done, we’re back to our basic user.”

(Source: http://www.thestar.com/article/457180)

So... everyone else who is interested in an iphone... but can't buy one by August 31st... is still in the same boat... (my situation is that I will not pay bell 100 bucks to cancel my contract that ends in 2 months)

It just kills me that everyone is taking this 6gb Temporary fix and throwing out what we are standing for on the petitions and outcry... Cause when you think of it

They didn't fix anything!!!!!

P.S. A small group of people (from the quote).... ARE YOU KIDDING ME???????

2. pranavss11 macrumors 6502

Thats enough time for everyone in Canada to get one. God can you guys stop whining? You got what you wanted..cheaper data plan. Sigh!

3. abz786 macrumors 6502

4. ninethirty macrumors 6502a

How ignorant. If you look at the main carriers in Canada, and their early termination agreements you'd know that many Canadians will pay upwards of $500 to terminate early in order to buy an iPhone from Rogers (and get locked into a 3 year agreement mind you) within this timeline.

Realistically speaking, what Rogers did today was 1 step forward, 2 steps back. They're *******s, and that couldn't be more transparent to Canadians. Maybe a few think they're getting some sort of deal now, but those people were never gonna use more than 400 megs/month anyway. They just needed to hear 'unlimited' to feel like things were fair. The voice plans, text plans, access fees, etc and contract agreement still suck.

5. quigleybc macrumors 68030

quigleybc

Beautiful Vancouver British Columbia, Canada

ya but isn't it 30 beans cheaper now?

that's cool IMO.

6. Ill Mitch macrumors member

Ill Mitch

ok, let me get this straight, you get a normal voice/text plan which works out to about $40 a month after taxes and fees etc, then you get this limited time 6GB for $30 data plan on top of the voice plan, so about $70 per month until the end of August, at which point Rogers switches you to one of the current expensive plans.

WOW, WHAT A DEAL!!! :rolleyes:

Rogers is just doing this to bait people, then when September rolls around, customers are going to get slapped with rip-off phone contracts that they're locked into for three years because they were suckered in by the attractive early data rates.

But most people are idiots and won't realize this until it's too late. :(

7. slimjim247 macrumors member

slimjim247

I think you just have unit the end of August to sign up for the plan and then no one else can sign onto it. Your plan wouldn't change, it just becomes unavailable to new customers.

8. thedarkhorse macrumors 6502a

what they are doing is just lowering the price on the 6gb data plan until august 31st, people will continue to pay $30 per month after the end of august if they get the plan during the promotion period. After the promotion period they go back to regular price of $100 per month every month for new/upgraded plans.
    As much as this just seems like appeasement for early adopters of iphones, this could still make a difference in the long term. It has the possibility of signing alot of new smartphone customers to rogers. If numbers are good enough Rogers isn't going to ignore a good business move. I imagine they could keep the deal permanent or offer different lower rates with decent data consumption if it continues to attract more smartphone users to them.