Rogers iPhone 3G[S] No-Contract Pricing

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iArrudaG, Jun 13, 2009.

1. iArrudaG macrumors regular

iArrudaG

I know Rogers hasn't released any info on the no-contract prices but...does anyone know anything or can anyone speculate on the pricing?

2. Brien macrumors 68020

Brien

3. CalmEnvy macrumors 6502

4. jhCanuck macrumors newbie

the no-contract phone....

if a no-contract phone is offered.... and one does not like the price... would there be any valid reason why one could not buy a phone from the Apple store in the U.S. (since, at present, Apple Canada is not allowed (?) to sell iPhones)
    and then connect it to the no-contract carrier? Why should a carrier have exclusive rights to sell no-contract phones?

another issue to be resolved: will Rogers/FIDO offer a service plan for a no-contract phone at a reasonable rate? It could even (in theory) be a lower rate than contract phones, since one is not paying off any subsidy.

But (knowing Rogers) the chances are the costs will be made higher... as a form of punishment for not having a contract. Remains to be seen.

It is not clear why no-contract pricing is not available now.... unless priority of availability is being given to contract phones.

5. Decker macrumors member

Decker

I was considering buying the iPhone outright to avoid having to have a 3 year contract but then I saw this on the Rogers site:

Is the new 6GB/$30 promotional plan available for all iPhone customers, new and existing?
    The $30/6GB will be available to all iPhone customers on both Rogers and Fido brands starting June 9th 2009. Only available on a 3 Year term.

My guess is they will in fact punish you for not wanting to be tied to a 3 year contract.

http://www.rogers.com/web/content/wireless-products/iphone_faqs

6. aristotle macrumors 68000

aristotle

Well, I still have that 6GB of data for 30 bucks for another 2 years. I'll probably keep it until the contract expires and then see what data plans are available at that point.

7. hotshotharry macrumors 6502

8. taran420 macrumors 6502a

heart attack right there, lol

i would hope its what apple did, i would pay 600-700