Rogers iPhone 4S Pre-Orders? (CANADA)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tpflysrc, Oct 13, 2011.

1. tpflysrc macrumors newbie

Hi,
    I ordered my iphone 4s a few hours after rogers started reservations, i was 1950 in line and i slowly became 1700 yesterday, today my place is 482, is that because a first shipment has been made? or is it that people are cancelling theres? Any idea on when i will get my phone? Thanks

2. Scottyk9 macrumors 6502a

Queue jumper!

I started at ~ 1500 and now down to 528 (perhaps these are regional reservations, not national) - and like you there was a big drop suddenly.

I saw on the ehmac.ca boards that someone who started at ~370 had the status change to 'in progress' and a note that the shipping process had begun. Presumable this big jump does represent the 1st shipment to stores (and that both of us are out of luck for the 1st shipment).

As usual, details and information are scarce. However based on how long it took me to get the iPhone 4 (and my aversion to long, ultimately fruitless line-ups) this is likely the fastest way to get a subsidized phone.

3. tpflysrc thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, Im in Vancouver too, so seems that we would be in the same line up, I ordered the 16gb black iphone 4s

4. SkottDMD macrumors 6502

I am (was?) number 5, got in about 4mins before the "official" time they started taking pre-orders. When I look it up now there's no longer a number and still says "In Progress". Rogers has been fairly vague with details and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

5. tpflysrc thread starter macrumors newbie

hmmm, then i think ill be on the second shipment..... hopefully that will be soon

6. Scottyk9 macrumors 6502a

(I'm from Alberta)

7. tpflysrc thread starter macrumors newbie

Never mind....

8. Yofi macrumors member

I was in the 600s for the white 16GB and I am "In Progress." This is for Fido, which shares the same reservation system. Maybe my relatively high number clinched me a first shipment phone because they're trying to spread them between Rogers and Fido?

Or maybe it's entrenched somewhere in the Constitution that they have to send 1/3 of the new phones here to Quebec? :D

I hope the "In Progress" actually does mean I'm in the first shipment? Do you think that would mean getting it tomorrow? Fido hasn't sent me any email updates, though, grrr.

9. Breezygirl macrumors 6502

Breezygirl

I was #30. On the Rogers community forum some posters were saying they had already received emails and phone calls to pick up their phones after 2pm tomorrow, some of their numbers were in the 700s. Several other posters with low #s (under 50 like me) have still not received anything yet, our statuses still say processing. :rolleyes: :confused:

10. SkottDMD macrumors 6502

I think Rogers has made it pretty clear that pre-orders were not meant to ensure you get the device tomorrow, I've never had a problem with Rogers but the way they are doing this seems pretty shady. A lot of build up and fancy wording that completely mislead customers and they made no attempt to clear this up earlier in the week.

"In Progress" is the equivalent to Apple's "Prepared for Shipment", it doesn't mean it has been shipped.

11. Breezygirl macrumors 6502

Breezygirl

It's bad enough Rogers said "Screw you" to all of us once with the new HUP policy, but now once again do it to all of us that used the reservations system, not cool!

And the responses from the Roger's rep that dare to say it's a promotion, or we can line up at the stores for a phone that we have already reserved thinking we would be among the first to receive if we don't like it, is just another slap in the face.
    :(:mad::mad::mad:

12. tpflysrc thread starter macrumors newbie

exactly, we should get all our phones before the store line ups, like all pre-orders get the phone on oct 14:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

13. Scottyk9 macrumors 6502a

Although this reservation system appears to be the only way to avoid waiting in long and potentially fruitless lines (there were lines outside apple stores for weeks for the iPhone 4, people hoping that a shipment would arrive and that there were enough for their place in line). I am no Roger's apologist, but the only other way to have an iPhone 4S reserved or sent to you appears to be buying an unlocked on (and the apple store states a wait of 1-2 weeks now).

14. stevemiller macrumors 68000

i know i was late to the party. i wanted to re-negotiate my contract before reserving with fido. so my reservation didn't get in till sunday. that landed me at about 4500th in line. yuck. during the "jump" everyone has spoken of, i went down to just under 4200.

so as a dose of reality, would most people wager that i'm probably in for a long haul of a few weeks or more? i'm sure i can wait, i just want to manage my expectations.