Rogers iphone Pay as you go?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by 1984world, May 24, 2011.

1. 1984world macrumors 6502

1984world

Hello, I currently have an iphone 3Gs and I am in Canada. What I would like to do is get the new iphone when it comes out, port my number from my current iphone, and then purchase a pay as you go sim from rogers and put it in my 3gs. Is this allowed? I don't want a data, text or anything plan on the 3gs, just for emergencies and playing games and such. I would still be with Rogers, and I don't know if this would help my case, but I would be purchasing another new iphone for my wife.

Any suggestions on how to get this done would be appreciated. Thanks guys!

2. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

i know people with blackberries on rogers without a data plan but i cant confirm if its forced for the iphone

3. Inkllicious macrumors regular

This is EXACTLY what I have. Minus the "S" (3G User)

I have a 35$ Prepaid rogers plan without data. Unlimited Calling, Texting, etc.

The Iphone naturally tries to use data, however rogers won't allow this and will tell you that you need to "Get a dataplan"

Its not required, though.

This is what I get (Note I changed my carrier name to "Wind", and have bitesms installed, as well as a nickname for the number rogers uses for notifications..) ... And my battery sensor is also toasted somehow, which means my battery is always 2%.

But you get the picture.

[​IMG]

4. 1984world thread starter macrumors 6502

1984world