Rogers iphone Pay as you go?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by 1984world, May 24, 2011.

1. 1984world macrumors 6502

Aug 26, 2008
    Hello, I currently have an iphone 3Gs and I am in Canada. What I would like to do is get the new iphone when it comes out, port my number from my current iphone, and then purchase a pay as you go sim from rogers and put it in my 3gs. Is this allowed? I don't want a data, text or anything plan on the 3gs, just for emergencies and playing games and such. I would still be with Rogers, and I don't know if this would help my case, but I would be purchasing another new iphone for my wife.

Any suggestions on how to get this done would be appreciated. Thanks guys!
  2. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

Oct 31, 2010
    Hamilton, Ontario
    i know people with blackberries on rogers without a data plan but i cant confirm if its forced for the iphone
  3. Inkllicious macrumors regular

Feb 11, 2011
    This is EXACTLY what I have. Minus the "S" (3G User)

I have a 35$ Prepaid rogers plan without data. Unlimited Calling, Texting, etc.

The Iphone naturally tries to use data, however rogers won't allow this and will tell you that you need to "Get a dataplan"

Its not required, though.

This is what I get (Note I changed my carrier name to "Wind", and have bitesms installed, as well as a nickname for the number rogers uses for notifications..) ... And my battery sensor is also toasted somehow, which means my battery is always 2%.

But you get the picture.

4. 1984world thread starter macrumors 6502

Aug 26, 2008