Rogers Motorola KRZR K1 Sync'able with iSync?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by iJawn108, Mar 17, 2008.

1. iJawn108 macrumors 65816

iJawn108

2. jpolloni macrumors newbie

Rogers Motorola KRZR K1 sync'able with Isync?

I have the same problem Did tou solve the problem?

3. lozanoj83 macrumors 6502a

lozanoj83

4. cptpower macrumors regular

cptpower

Unfortunately, it also states on the Apple site that "Not all phones work in all geographies. Check with your carrier before ordering a phone.", so the Rogers one may be different somehow to the Bell or Verizon.

I don't know how it would be different, but I know that I just bought a KRZR yesterday (Rogers), and it's not supported in iSync at all.

I'm working through a bunch of sites right now to see if I can find a hack to get it supported. If I find anything out, I'll post it here right away.

5. cptpower macrumors regular

cptpower

well, that took a lot less time than I thought it would to find an answer:

http://discussions.apple.com/message.jspa?messageID=6765748

That discussion has a link to another page that provides a metaclasses.plist file that worked perfectly for me.

A couple of things I noted:
    - phone numbers are synced to your phone itself; not the SIM card. So you need to make sure that you read the entire message that contains the above link. It tells you the changes you need to make to view the numbers you sync.
    - iCal synchronization doesn't work for this device. This only handles the contact list
    - I haven't got a clue where the contacts from the phone get pushed to on my Mac. If anybody has any idea, that'd be awesome.

6. jpolloni macrumors newbie

Well i found ONSYNC and it works perfectly. bt i'll try your thing.

7. Cubytus macrumors 65816

OnSync's interface is really not intuitive. Definitely not a Mac-like experience.