Rogers :: offer custom plans only if you call - AWESOME NEWS!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Xplicit, Jul 2, 2008.

1. Xplicit macrumors member

Hey Guys,

Okie this is some awesome news here!!

I Currently hold a blackberry pearl with Rogers but NO DATA plan.

The account is on my parents name, but I am moving out for college in August thus gonna get the IPHONE on my name.

I called Rogers and the Phone # 1888 ROGERS 1

Asked if I could use my current plan
    - 60 Dollars with taxes and fees - Unlimited calling after 5, Unlimited Text etc.

They guy said Yes, but call back next week so I can offer you something you can be interested in. I need to do a research and I can call him see what I like

He also offered me

36 Dollars Plan - with taxes and system fees - Including Unlimited after 6pm and 200 day minutes + i think unlimited text.

So im gonna call tuesday next week and choose my custom plan

I dont have to have data if I dont need it!! OMG EXCITED!!!

2. Xplicit thread starter macrumors member

+++ There are no student discounts / nor business just a heads up incase u wonder

3. helloadam macrumors member

Um, you'll probably want some data though, cause the iPhone relies very heavily on it for alot of the apps (Internet, Maps, ect.) and those prices will kill you when you use it.

4. slicecom macrumors 68020

They announced that you can use the iPhone with any plan over $30 on Monday in an attempt to curtail the negative media attention. This is old news. The issue people have is with the cost of data and the fact that its not unlimited like most other first world countries. Using an iPhone without data is using only a fraction of its true potential.

5. Pandora01 macrumors regular

True, but you can still use the wifi, and at least then your two devices (iPod & cell phone), will be merged into one, which is one thing I was really looking forward to. If I could get a voice-only plan comparable to the one I have now, I would be no worse off, and I'd have one device instead of an iPod touch and a cell phone. Data can always be added later if and when they ever come out with some reasonable rates.

I wouldn't be 100% happy because I often find myself in places with no wifi or password-protected wifi only, which is another reason I was really looking forward to getting this phone, but there is simply no way I am paying so much for data and getting so little in return, then paying for the inevitable overages on top of that. It's a total rip off.

6. igglepuff macrumors regular

well, I called retentions a few days ago and asked what woudl happen.. i currently ahve 25$ worth of credits on my account, 5 called id, 15 comm pack and some random 5$ one i honestly have NO idea what it's for heh. anyway, the nice girl i spoke to said that seeing as i'm already on a retention plan they will be able to offer me a new plan, with retention goodness. She wasnt completely sure what they could do as far as credits, but that they would be offering me a retention type plan for an iphone plan if i call back and get one. Seeing as i have a value/comm pack credit already she said they will most likely be no problem at all getting the same credit applied to the 20$ rip-off addon that I need. The other 2 not sure, but she again mentioned how im already on a nice retention plan so to call back after launch day and they will help work something out.

oh, she also gave me an $85 good will credit towards the phone when I upgrade .. . if i upgrade, if they give me a good package through retentions. both the goodwill credit as well as mention of to offer package have been noted on teh account, so they are there to not get screwed(well, it is rogers, theyd fined a way)

so, here's hoping well be able to get back onto retention plans/help with new plans if you're already on!

FYI my current retentions plan is 250 daytime minutes, 20$ comm pack (2500 text, 1k mms, 5mb mobile internet blahblah), early evenings for $40.. 15$ comm pack credit, 5$ caller id credit(the other 5 isnt applied anymore, but its on the account, no clue). Id be getting 75$ ripoff iphone plan, 20$ addon... if they keep my 20$ credits, at very least, to stay at 75 + hidden charges and taxes :|

7. igglepuff macrumors regular

oh, and the great part abotu allowing $30+ plans on it, is unles you NEVER use data, rogers will make MORE money off you.

example:
    you get my retention plan. you add $30 300mb, youre already at the 60$ lowest plan but have texts and 100 minutes more. fine, you go over your 300mb, you get dinged at 5cents a Kb, thats $50/mb. you dont have hotspot access, you use 3g data more.. heh
    it loosk good, but unless you ahve a wicked retention plan its not really worth it IMO. iphoen plan + retentions help should work out better. here's hoping mine will withteh notes on my account adn peopel i've spoken to!

8. sn00pie macrumors 6502a

sn00pie

Rogers service is actually very nice if you talk to a nice representative. I had a great experience when I had to renew my contract. :)

9. igglepuff macrumors regular

yep, same, i used to pay about 60 for my plan alone (forget its details now) called and they hooked me up with my new plan ive had for a while now and loving it. Hoping retentions plays nice withnew plans like i've been told :D

for fun, check this out form my bill today;

Ending Jun 26 Wireless usage 666.00
    Jun 07 Credit: Data Usage June 07, 2008 -670.00

i get paid to use data. pimp. haha (accidentally left phone unlocked and hit safari or something, called when i noticed my usage was waaaay up)

rogers has bad plans, but retentions can usually help out ;)

10. Xplicit thread starter macrumors member

Im gonnna call back on tuesday and ask for unlimeted data as one of the options.

See what he can do.

I think you have more advantage as a long term customer, than as new customer. They want to keep you so they must focus more on customer service

11. igglepuff macrumors regular

heh, goodluck wiht that:p they dont offer unlimited, period, let alone on a data-hungry device. I can see him giving you a credit on one of hte data packages but def. not unlimited.. at best it woudl eb teh flex program but again, cant see that happening... let us know how ti goes, though.

also dont call retentions too often, you get flagged for abuse and .. well.. you don't want to find out what happens wiht that;P

12. Eric Lewis macrumors 68020

Eric Lewis

you can get unlimitted data for the first 3 months..that is possible

there is a note under my account for when my 3G iPhone is activited plus the agent who said it...i have her agent # and name

Also always ask for an agent # that way they can verify what they say

13. Xplicit thread starter macrumors member

anywho,

got a call from rogers re: plan

Since im going to be in Wifi Area, I can only keep my after market plan and get 30$ of 500MB Data, extra so total wouuld come to 80

My plan includes - 200 Min weekdays and unlimted after 5and weekends, unlimtited text etc, caller ID, voice mail + if i add 500Mb data, im always in WIFI zone, so I dont need a huge data plan.

They will not offer UNLIMITED

I have one of the best phone plans atm from any canadian carrier, so im not going to change carriers.

only telus and bell will and only on selected phones

14. Gaius macrumors newbie

Bell just announced an unlimited data + voice plan for $40 today if you buy the new Samsung Instinct.

The Samsung Instinct, which has many of the same features as the Apple iPhone, differs from the iPhone in one major way: Its monthly price plan, which will dramatically undercut the iPhone plan announced last week by Rogers Wireless.

Bell to offer unlimited data plan for $10 when it launches the Samsung Instinct, an iPhone competitor, this summer. Rogers, are you listening?

15. Xplicit thread starter macrumors member

ah!, I think that will be a lot cheaper,

is there a price plan announced so I can see whats included in that 40$

What bout that HTC Touch Pro? any news on it , is the insntict better than iphone

although the Instinct is more of a multimedia not a smart phone

16. peter23451 macrumors newbie

Now A days people are well concentrating on their body physic. As they a re trying to maintain it correctly.:eek: In some may succeed but some may not. For those we suggest work out plans which could really help them to reduce the fat content so that can look slim and attractive. Especially for women.
    ------
    Peter:D
    workout plans