Rogers out of stock iPhone 3GS

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by fuzion11, Jul 24, 2009.

1. fuzion11 macrumors 65816

fuzion11

Anyone know or heard any rumors as to when Rogers or Robbers rather, will be getting more stock of the 3gs?

I just placed my replacement order today....hopefully I won't have to wait a month like some other people I've read about.

2. Leafs macrumors member

I placed my order on July 7th, called yesterday to see what was up, they said my order hasn't been shipped but maybe you will get something in 5 - 10 business days. I cancelled it and am keeping in touch with the apple store as they seem to be getting shipments in every day.

3. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

They were supposed to get a shipment in this week. Since you just ordered, your at the bottom of the list now and will probably wait unless they can order a larger shipment.

4. MRTaylor macrumors newbie

I ordered one over the phone 4 weeks ago... still on backorder today. I was able to find a Rogers store locally that got 32gig black's in so I ran and got one about 3 weeks ago. I then called to cancel and they told me I couldn't and that I'd have to just reject the device when it shipped and they would credit me back :(

5. Leafs macrumors member

wtf weird. I called to first ask questions about canceling my order and she canceled my order before I even asked her to officially cancel it lol. I was like what happens when I cancel my order and pick it up at the apple store blah blah blah and then by the end when she answered everything I was like Ok I think I want to cancel the order now she was like uhhh wait you didnt want me to cancel it right away cause I already clicked the button to cancel like 5 minutes ago haha

6. abz786 macrumors 6502

man, why bother with Rogers hahahaha, just go into your local Apple Store, they should have plenty in stock!! :D:D:D

I am not sure how true this is, but i heard that Apple doesn't want to send mass amounts of stock to Rogers/Fido since their staff get comission on each and every sale of an iphone, so Apple wants to sell as much thru their own store first before shipping em out to Rogers/Fido.:p

Another thing that is annoying is that, we get shipments of the 8GB iPhone3G in amounts of 10, where when it comes to the 3GS, we get them in shipments of 2-3!!! What craziness is this???

Oh well, i got my phone on launch day, all good, all good :)

Good luck to the rest of you!:apple:

7. MRTaylor macrumors newbie

I wish it was the same for me. I've called 5 times and every time they tell me since it's a back ordered iPhone they can't 'touch' it in their systems. I even was transferred to their cancellations and then to their warehouse and no one was able to cancel it. You would think with such a shortage they would want to save one from being sent out that's just going to get returned.

I bought my phone from a local Roger's store that's run actually by another company and he told me they would get $85 to activate my iphone, if that's true then that's why Apple is sending more to Apple stores and not to Roger's and their affiliate stores. Unfortunately there are no Apple stores within 1000KM of here so Roger's is all I could deal with.

8. rembot macrumors member

I called to order my phone on friday the 24th as well. I dont really feel like waiting an other 4-6 weeks before i get my phone. If i go buy one in the apple store, can i sign a 3 year contract and pay 199 just like I would if i was in a rogers store? Or do i need to buy the phone and pay full price? :eek:

9. sthursby macrumors member

Just go to Fido...they have loads (at least at the Eaton Centre store circa last Friday, but I'm sure shipments are pretty fast and heavy). And the plans are a bit better than Rogers...and if you're antsy, it's worth the $100 hit to switch the carrier from Rogers to Fido.

10. rembot macrumors member

I have a corporate plan with rogers so i dont really want to switch and lose my great plan.
    So im pretty much stuck waiting until the end of the summer, hoping for shipments. :(

11. babsvii macrumors regular

babsvii

in canada u cant buy them from the apple stores! u have to get them from rogers or fido... i have been waiting from the begining... i called and ordered one the first day when they still had some... then when i called back a week later to find out what was going on they told me that they were still waiting to put my order through... i was pissed. it took them 3 weeks to get my order finally put through. and im still waiting.............................

12. iGuardian macrumors 6502a

iGuardian

You can get them at Futureshop though.

13. fuzion11 thread starter macrumors 65816

fuzion11

god if you're still waiting...imagine how long i'll be waiting seeing as I ordered on July 24th! LOL

14. aprofetto macrumors 6502a

aprofetto

You can purchase them at Apple stores in Canada now.

See link.

15. CalmEnvy macrumors 6502a

Yes you can, Apple changed that with the launch of the 3GS. It even shows under where to buy that you can buy an iPhone from Apple Stores, Rogers or Fido.

16. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

The Apple Store will take care of you just as Rogers would, but better ;) (in terms of customer service/satisfaction).

Not everyone can just 'go to fido', and not everyone wants to go to Fido. And AFAIK, it's $100 to switch from Fido to Rogers, not $100 to switch from Rogers to Fido. Regardless, there are conditions that apply. You have to be with Fido for at least 12 months in order to make the switch over to Rogers.

You don't even know what your talking about... you sound like one of the Rogers supervisor reps I was speaking to. She insisted you couldn't purchase the phones from the Apple Store and that it was ILLEGAL (lol ... :eek:) for Apple to sell the iPhone. So I obviously tried to enlighten her on the situation but she wouldn't listen and raised her voice so I told her she was retarded and hung up.

17. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Nice LINK <--- aprofetto, should help everyone in this forum.....:cool::cool::cool:

18. rembot macrumors member

Does it mean i can simply call rogers, tell them to cancel my order (but keep my 3 year contract) go to the apple store and buy the phone for 200$ and use my new plan i got last week?

Thanks for helping out. :)

19. babsvii macrumors regular

babsvii

Sorry I didn't realize they changed where u could buy them in Canada! I never heard anything about that but I wish I would have known that before! Damn. So if u already had the iPhone 3g on a 3 year contract could u buy from apple and upgrade for 299 like u can from Rogers? Or can u only buy the phone straight out?

20. aprofetto macrumors 6502a

aprofetto

Apple retail is acts just like the carrier. You can buy it for subsidized price or straight out. They're authorized to activate it for your account.

21. rembot macrumors member

Does it mean i could go to apple, keep the new plan i just sign a week ago (on the phone with rogers) pay 200$ to i phone, and leave with the phone while keeping my 3 years plan with rogers? Do i need to cancel my order (phone) with rogers before showing up to apple?

22. aprofetto macrumors 6502a

aprofetto

I'm not sure what would happen if you already ordered the phone from Rogers.

Ask Rogers if you can just cancel the order. As long as you have a plan with Rogers, you'll be able to go into the Apple store and buy the phone. It'd be just like what they'd do for you at a Rogers store.

23. rembot macrumors member

Thank you.

Im going away for the long weekend, but when i get back next week i'll look into it, and i'll let everyone know. hopefully i'll have my phone next week! :apple::D

24. hrv888 macrumors regular

how much is the phone 32gb in apple retail store in canada? does it need to go with a plan from fido or rogers? what if i only want the phone? even if i buy the phone at full price it will still be locked to either fido or rogers right?

thanks

25. aprofetto macrumors 6502a

aprofetto

If you are eligible for a hardware upgrade with Rogers/Fido, the price is $199/$299 for the 16 gig/32 gig, with extending your contract.

If you want to buy the phone contract free, the price is $699/$799 for the 16 gig/32 gig.

I'm still unsure if anyone can just come in off the street and purchase an iPhone contract free, but apparently Rogers has said it is possible.

But, like you mentioned, the phones will be locked to Rogers/Fido network, so you'd need to unlock it before you could use it.