Rogers Rep Tells Me To "Unbreak Iphone"

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by printer710, Aug 7, 2008.

1. printer710 macrumors member

Hey, today i ordered my white iphone 3g from Rogers customer service and the rep told me when it arrives i must log on to apple.ca and "unbreak" my iphone, before i can insert my rogers sim. So, Rogers is the Canadian provider for the iphone so i shouldn't need to jailbreak my iphone (this is what i think he meant). The rep simply confused as he was foreighn, or is their validity to his statement.

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

I think he may mean Open or unlock the phone. It sounds like a process to associate the SIM with the IMEI number with the system online, then connect to iTunes to activate.

TEG

3. printer710 thread starter macrumors member

How do i unlock it then? Simply by connecting it to itunes?

4. ubersalad macrumors 6502a

Yes, that's all you have to do.

5. imapfsr macrumors regular

imapfsr

printer710,
    When you get home just use the provided cord and itunes will auto recognize your iphone and quicky unlock it, un brick it whatever you call it. Then just insert your Rogers sim and away you go. I did this on day one when they were having troubles with the system...they sent me home to unlock it myself. Quick and painless.

6. atlken77 macrumors member

may you hear "unbreak" when he said "unbrick" ?

7. albeli macrumors 6502

albeli

I'm sure he said "unbrick"--ie make it usuable, as opposed to just sitting there like a brick.