rogers ring trax - can i create on my own?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Keebler, Sep 15, 2008.

1. Keebler macrumors 68030

As the subject reads, here in Canada, we can pay for ring trax - music clips which ppl here when they call (instead of hearing the normal ring). I believe you can assign certain trax to certain #s.

but you have to pay and I'm wondering if there's a way to make this happen on my own without having to pay. It's no big deal if I can't b/c i just won't use it. but it would be neat. I figure the mac community is so good at making things happen that we might get it to go.

The only thing that isn't good is that it looks like it happens through a web interface off Roger's site.

Any help? I'm assuming other carriers offer the same service.

cheers,
    keebler

2. Trajectory macrumors 6502a

This feature is already built into the iPhone. Just go to any of your Contacts and you'll see a Ringtone option (right below the phone numbers) that allows you to choose the ringtone for each individual contact.

3. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Not what was asked.

Answer to the OP, at&t has those, they call them Ringback Tones. Unfortunately, you have to select what the carrier has licensed, since they have to pay each time it is played (as it is considered broadcasting).

TEG

4. Keebler thread starter macrumors 68030

thanks. I was afraid of that. Ah well :)

5. Mikey B macrumors 65816

Mikey B

can you use ringbacks with the iPhone? i didn't think you could.