Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hoopdy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 13, 2007
Here's my story.

10:00am - waiting ourside while someone gets pissed that he isn't eligable for upgrade...
10:05am - walk into rogers store thinking ill be out as fast as the couple before me but find out the system is down and ill have to give this rogers employee my credit card info, drivers license and the number i wanted to activate with. he then told me 1 hour for the system to be back up and 2 just to play it safe so i'd be able to have it in my hands then.
12:00 - i call the guy at rogers to see if the phone is ready because i'll be driving by and he tells me 30 mins because the system just came back online and i was the second one to be setup.
12:35 - they haven't even gotten done with one phone...one iphone has not been setup in almost a 3 hour time span. what a joke.

now i'm sitting here thinking of what i'll do first... anyone else had any complications with Rogers this morning on getting their iPhone. i wasn't even allowed to touch the box.:(

thedarkhorse

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2007
Canada
Same problem, it's nationwide. Their systems just weren't ready to handle this many activations at once(they've never had this situation really before the iphone), they can't even look at if people are eligible for an upgrade at the store I was at.

After a couple of hours of waiting for the system then people leaving, I got bumped up to 6th in line. The workers at the store couldn't do much, even Rogers call center for dealers was overloaded and they could rarely get through(they were even hung up on). After getting fed up with Rogers systems they gave the people waiting a form to fill out with name, id, credit card and desired iphone, I got the last 16gb(white) because people left, I would have had to get an 8 so I can't complain too much about the situation,. They are just going to call me when their systems are back online so I can go get it.

After about 3 hours of waiting initially in the store only 1 phone was completely activated(the only black 16gb at the store), I checked back a couple hours later and 2 more had left but still bricked because itunes activation was no longer working at all for them.

imapfsr

macrumors regular
Feb 14, 2008
Victoria, B.C.
I was at my Victoria store at 7:45 to be dude number 2. Store opened at 9:30 and I finally left with my non activated iPhone at 12:30. Brought my MBA with me to work so I headed to my local coffee shop and used their wifi to activate mine. I was going to say wasted 3 hours but nah, iPhone is worth it.

abz786

macrumors 6502
Sep 1, 2007
Alberta, Canada
wow
u guys complain about that
i will post pics and vids up soon
but i was waiting outside local outside rogers store in edmonton, alberta from 4:50am - 10:00am first in line
got in and didn't leave the store till 2:30pm!!!!!
talk about my frustration
i bought the 1 and only 16gb black in the store

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.