Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

guccigucci88

macrumors 6502a
Dec 30, 2010
Has anyone got one of these?

http://www.rokform.com/cart/Rokbed-v3.html

Really like the mounting system could be handy for in the car.

Thanks

I'm liking this case. I think white on white would look sharp as hell! And the mounting system looks pretty legit too. I'm waiting for a good price on ebay to pull the trigger on it. I do wish that the sim card slot wasn't exposed though... nothing a bezel skin wouldn't solve.

If anyone has the white on white pictures would be appreciated greatly :D

edit: Just watched a review on youtube and apparently the fit is too tight for a back screen shield which is weird cuz they sell front and back shields... if it is true though that's a dealbreaker for me. :(

Last edited:

YMark

macrumors 6502a
Nov 7, 2008
Arizona
I want the iPhone stand that they sell. I just can't justify the cost.

rokstand-hero-mat_800.jpg

Last edited:

RickG

macrumors regular
Feb 8, 2011
I just ordered and used coupon code "giver" and received 10% off- I ordered the magent kit and the belt clip without the bottle oppener and an orange marnet cap

RickG

macrumors regular
Feb 8, 2011
well I guess I'm not getting my case from Rokform after all. After purchasing from their website and getting my fedex confirmation that my order shipped I got a call letting me know that the clip did not ship with the order but I was charged for it. I made a decision to cancel my order because the clip was not going to be available for several weeks and was told that I would be credited and my shipment would be recalled from fedex. if anyone does get one please post review. I wasn't at all happy with the fact that they charged me the full amount and only shipped part of my order and was glad that they are refunding the full amount.

webslinger85

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2010
I finally recieved mine a few days ago, I'll post a full review in a few days, but so far, I'm not impressed.

AdamWeso

macrumors newbie
Apr 1, 2009
PA
I love mine.
Orange v3 Case on White 4s with Power Support Anti-Glare Film.

This case also works with Griffin DirectDeck HandsFree Cassette Adapter when in the car.

~Adam

webslinger85

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2010
I love mine.

This case also works with Griffin DirectDeck HandsFree Cassette Adapter when in the car.

~Adam

Do you find yours extremely tight? Also do you use a rear shield as well?

Big Ells

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 16, 2010
London, UK
I love mine.

~Adam

Have you got any pics?
How easy does the bottom section pull off?
Thanks

samx18

macrumors newbie
Mar 17, 2012
Do you find yours extremely tight? Also do you use a rear shield as well?
It will not work properly with a rear shield. Supports only a front screen shield.

----------

Has anyone got one of these?

http://www.rokform.com/cart/Rokbed-v3.html

Really like the mounting system could be handy for in the car.

Thanks

I was skeptical first but still went ahead and ordered one. Loved it. The mounting system really works very well. Now the wife has it and wont return back, so have ordered the second one. This time with the magnet accessory

RolandNights

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2011
California
Video review I found on Youtube.

He didn't really have anything bad to say about it aside from not being able to put on a screen protector for the back of the iPhone. Only accessory he showed off was the small mount for the car.

Last edited:

Dedee

macrumors newbie
Jan 22, 2012
So how protective is this case really? I mean, I've read some reviews, that state that this case is almost as protective as an otterbox and can easily survive a 5foot drop an asphalt without any problems. Now that seems pretty unrealistic. But what are you guys' experiences? How's the drop protection with this case?

Thanks in advance

webslinger85

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2010
It fits snugly, it's solid, and it's definitely protective. But as far as the claim that it's as protective as something from Otterbox? I wouldn't go that far.

miadolfan13

macrumors newbie
Jul 30, 2012
Rokform Rokbed Roks!

I've had mine on the phone for about a week now. I absolutely love it. Instead of going with the expensive titanium version, I got the Rokbed V3. Since having it on the phone, I've dropped it about 3 times and it has worked perfectly. I ordered the optional magnet insert and it works well, so long as you put it on a clean metal surface. The online video shows it being attached to things like a rear axle of a car, but I'm not so sure that would work. I've found the phone spins a little, eventually turning upside down. This is probably due to the weight of the phone and the magnet being in the lower third of the case. Otherwise, I have zero complaints. The RMS, or remote mounting system, is very good. It mounts tight and in various positions. I'm going to wait and see how long the 3M tape holds up after being exposed to high temps in my truck, but for now it is solid.

If you're debating on buying the case, I recommend it highly. It has a very unique look and the supplied lanyard is much more useful than I expected. As for screen protectors - I don't use any, but I'm thinking of getting a front one. I'm finding dust collecting around the screen edges where the plastic case meets the screen. I just don't want to degrade the screen's amazing eye appeal.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.