Rokform RokDock Aluminum iPhone 5 Dock

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by v3rn, Jan 10, 2013.

1. v3rn macrumors regular

http://www.rokform.com/cart/RokDock.html

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Looks pretty amazing. I think I'll pick one up and hopefully it will work with my Sector 5. Now to pick a color...

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

It is very industrial looking but I don't get the need for all the bulk. The charging is achieved simply by way of the user-supplied cable, no? For the price it best come with an actual Apple cable. ;)

3. D.T. macrumors 603

D.T.

Lightening connectors make a really tight connection, so I'd assume it's to provide enough counter weight so you can lift the phone out without lifting the dock off the table.

There's another product like this, that after the iP5 was released, supplied a retro fitted internal section (it also modular like this dock) to handle a lightening cable, and apparently, because the lightening connector is so strong, people were bitching about just that issue (no more one handed removal).

Looks cool, especially in some of the combo colors. :cool:

4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Looks way cool but for $100 I can't see the value. Then again, as a Mac user I guess we understand paying more for appearance in addition to functionality.

5. D.T. macrumors 603

D.T.

Yeah, I've never felt the need for a dock, I like simply connecting the cable and laying it down in our little charging area in the kitchen, or at my desk.

There's certainly some "Apple Tax" on products/accessories, and in the 3rd party market, they're likely dealing with poor economy of scale.

Pardon my car related content, but it's like aftermarket car parts, smaller market means higher cost *and* smaller markets are also generally more exotic cars, which means the owners will spring for more (decent Mustang headers, $500, Corvette headers $1500, Viper headers $3500, that's increasingly smaller markets and increasing vehicle cost).

:cool: