Roll Over minutes Overload

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hexonxonx, Aug 31, 2011.

1. hexonxonx macrumors 601

So I have 4540 roll over minutes.

Today I get an SMS stating that AT&T has given me 1,000 roll over minutes and I just have to reply with a yes to get them. :eek:

I have never even used all off my 450 minutes in any single month in four years and they want me to have more!

2. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

You have been with them for four years and they want to reward you, possibly. You should consider downgrading plans seeing you have so many minutes already.

3. hexonxonx thread starter macrumors 601

450 minutes is the smallest plan available, that's the one I have.

4. MaxBurn macrumors 65816

MaxBurn

5. hexonxonx thread starter macrumors 601

iPhone isn't approved for use with prepaid. Also, Last year I did try using a prepaid GoPhone account on my 3GS but AT&T throttles the prepaid data on iPhones. The speed is worse than edge speeds.

I'm fine using paying what I do to use the iPhone. Data is what I use the most, on average of 5-8GB a month. Can't do that on prepaid.

6. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

If you got rid of the voice plan and just used rollover minutes, I don't know if they will allow that though, you could lose the rollover minutes.. Do you have to have a voice plan as part of your contract or something?

7. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

They are useless minutes that they know, from your history, you will not use anyway. It is there way to say thanks

8. bad03xtreme macrumors 6502a

bad03xtreme

9. hexonxonx thread starter macrumors 601

Alright. I'll think of ways I can crank call my work place. :)

I'm looking for Al? Al Who? Al Coholic.

10. mms13 macrumors 6502

I'm in the same boat as you with tons of rollover minutes. Among all the hate regarding AT&T's data and texting plans, I really wish they would offer a cheaper calling plan. I have the smallest plan and don't use 99% of my minutes. It's ridiculous how much I have to pay for that.

11. trouble747 macrumors 6502

It's the worthless "benefit" that costs AT&T nothing!

12. vietalogy macrumors 6502

I have the 1400 package with 5 lines and had over 5k rollover minutes. So I switch to the 700 plan and kept my 5k rollover minutes.

13. noekozz macrumors 6502a

noekozz

I received the same message as well, and I have over 6K rollover minutes. So much so that they actually are expiring (since I've had them for more than a year), so for them to give me an extra 1K rollover minutes, I don't think it'll register in their system anyways.

That's their way of thanking me for butt raping all these years.

14. troop231 macrumors 603

I also have about 5K of rollover minutes from only being on ATT for a YEAR! This is the only reason I won't switch to an unlimited minute plan, because It would be stupid to lose that many "free" minutes and pay more for something that I don't need.

15. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

I agree with others it is a useless benefit that cost nothing to ATT. Even if you could downgrade the number of minutes on a monthly basis you find out there is a catch. Any change to the contract terms and you lose all the roll over minutes accumulated.

16. Jakerz macrumors regular

I have over 6K, almost 7K Rollover Minutes.

I hardly use my Anytime Minutes because I have the AT&T 700 Minute Unity Plan. I have unlimited calling to AT&T Mobile Phones and Landlines plus unlimited Mobile to ANY Mobile because of the texting plan I have.

17. mpossoff macrumors 68020

I have 700 minute plan with alist. I have google voice set up so when I make a non mobile call it doesn't take away from our minutes therefore we have a load of rollover minutes. Hardly use minutes because of alist/ google voice combination. Even gave up our landline because in reality we have unlimited calling with the alist/google voice combo.

18. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

I know you were making a joke, but we all might have to be start making more calls soon if we don't want our bill to go up... (this is for landline phones, but who knows if AT&T will implement this on cell phones).

AT&T Now Charging You For Not Using Enough Long Distance
    http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/ATT-Now-Charging-You-For-Not-Using-Enough-Long-Distance-115869

19. celticgrid macrumors newbie

celticgrid

I'm not even going to admit how many rollover minutes I have. Far too many.

My complaint is that if you have a certain number of phones on a contract you are forced up the minutes chain. Add another phone sir? Certainly. But you have to move to the next minute tier - even though you have thousands of the little perishers stacked up that will never get used.

20. antman2295 macrumors 6502

Same here!

21. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

Anyone else wish that rollover data would become a possibility?
    (I know it won't happen. This is just wishful thinking. It would be kinda counterproductive since they removed unlimited data).

22. cyks macrumors 68020

cyks

I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one with excessive Rollover minutes.

23. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I had thousands and when I downgraded my plan they said they would take them away. I fought it and they left me with 1000 rollover minutes but basically rollover minutes are useless to many people.

24. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

Last summer, when I was at home doing nothing, I decided to call my gf almost everyday, and talk for a good portion of the day. Why I didn't use my landline, who knows. Anyways, my brother and parents got PISSED when they saw that not only had I used up this month's allocation of minutes, I also used up almost 6000 rollover minutes...

25. ckurt25 macrumors 6502a

ckurt25

He can't pull over any further, he's already pulled over...

SuperTroopers