Rolled back Mac to 10.3. Need help updating.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by carcha, Oct 23, 2012.

1. carcha macrumors newbie

I have no idea what happened. I was useing MAC os x 10.5.8. Everything shut down, I didnt have any disks to open it back up except for 10.3.5.I used that to get it going again and was able to downloaded 10.3.9 from some apple site but I am unable to download anything else to get me back to 10.5.8. What can I do????I can not get to my e-mail or much of anything because they were all created in 10.5.8.

2. Fishrrman macrumors G3

When you re-installed the os, did you re-initialize first? Hopefully, no, because that might have resulted in over-writing the old files.

Do you see anything on your drive such as "Old System Folder", etc.?

3. carcha thread starter macrumors newbie

No I did not and I do have Previous System 1 and 2. Nothing opens from either of those files. Do I need to find OS X 10.4 to download and so on until I get back to what I had? I dont have the disks for Leopard 10.5.8 that I was running.

4. carcha thread starter macrumors newbie

I truely need all the help I can get. I have tried for sooo long to fix this myself which was another one of my bright ideas!! I was useing what little brain I have left from the 70's but now it has shut down completly. (ha!)

I am unemployed right now so unable to buy Leopard for downloading, I was going to ask about the disks on craigslist but my computer will not let me post. I'm trying to see about going back to school and I need my old computer. If anyone has any ideas or knowledge of what to do please share and help me to push my roadmapped eyes away from in front of this computer.