roller coaster tycoon 3 macbook or bootcamp?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by macman784, Nov 28, 2007.

1. macman784 macrumors newbie

I feel that with the X3100 in the new macbooks might not be able to handle the
    stress that the game requires. I used to have the game for my pc and it could barely keep 6fps... Has anyone had any experience with Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 on the new macbooks.. rather it is with the mac version or on bootcamp? :confused:

2. Finlandboy macrumors 6502

Finlandboy

the rollar coaster tycoon series is great.....sorry i just had to throw that out the there :D

back on topic, i can't say from experience useing rct3, but when i've used my friends macbook a few times with other games it seems to handle nicely,

i would suggest turning the settings down and upgrading the ram if it is playing slow, but those answers are obvious

and as to the mac version or useing bootcamp, i guess it would depend on if you were running vista or xp in b.c., if vista then use the mac version, if xp then mac or windows version would be fine

3. macman784 thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks, so you would suggest mac os over windows .... i would guess the same thing about more RAM too. Maybe it will help boost the X3100 alittle.;)

4. apsterling macrumors 6502a

apsterling

I haven't tried it under bootcamp yet on my iMac. I should look into it, since it seems like Wild won't be coming for a while.

I did notice, however, that RCT3 was much faster on my iMac than my PC of similar specs.

5. macman784 thread starter macrumors newbie

well, i tried the demo under "crossover" it was soooo slow.. WE need new X3100 drivers.:mad: not that it would really help...

6. apsterling macrumors 6502a

apsterling

Everything under Crossover is slow. I don't know so much about the new X1300 cards, but my friend's integrated ran the game at low quality about 20FPS.

I'd suggest the UB, but if price is a matter, get the Windows version.