Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

btb79311

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 30, 2007
Help!

I am a print graphic designer who doesn't want to take the time to learn Dreamweaver, etc. I simply want to get my work samples online. So I bought iWeb '08 and have been tinkering with it.

My question about rollovers for link effects: the rollover capability works just fine if the link is just straight text. My problem is that I decided to drop some shapes behind the text links so they would look more like buttons.

When I did this the rollover effects quit working! (Ironically, the effects work just fine when viewing the site in Internet Explorer but DON'T work when viewed with Safari or Firefox.)

Am I doing something wrong? Is there away that I haven't found yet to make rollover effects for something other than text objects? (For example, if there was a way to do it, I could easily make gifs of before-rollover, after-rollover versions of the buttons.)

I appreciate anyone's suggestions.

--btb79311

- - - - -

Photomax

macrumors regular
Nov 26, 2007
Seattle
The best way of creating rollover effects is with CSS. In the past everyone did this with javascript. I am not sure what iWeb uses as I never played with it. This should be easy to figure out though. Can you provide a link to the site in question? That always helps...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.