Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Screen-Shot-4-250x251.jpg
Feral Interactive today announced ROME: Total War Collection for iPad, a bundle set containing acclaimed historical strategy game ROME: Total War and its expansions Barbarian Invasion and Alexander. The release marks the first anniversary of the original ROME: Total War on iPad.

The collection brings the tactics and battles of the acclaimed strategy title to Apple's tablet devices with the added advantage of three historical campaigns in one purchase:
[*]ROME: Total War invites you to build and rule the ancient world's greatest empire by fighting spectacular real-time battles in huge turn-based campaigns.
[*]Barbarian Invasion brings the action into the final years of Rome. Take up arms to defend the Empire, or lead the forces trying to bring it down.
[*]Alexander is the ultimate challenge for seasoned commanders. Lead the Macedonian faction as Alexander the Great and embark upon a daring conquest of the all-powerful Persian Empire.
All three games include all of the popular franchise's classic features tailored to mobile gaming, including touch controls and mid-battle autosaves, as well as high-resolution visuals optimized for the iPad's Retina Display.

The ROME: Total War Collection is available now from the App Store for $16.99. Players who already own part of the bundle may complete it by paying the difference between the bundle price and what they have already paid.

Supported iPads include the iPad Mini 2, iPad Mini 3, iPad Mini 4, iPad Air, iPad Air 2, iPad (5th Generation), iPad Pro (1st Generation: 9.7", 10.5", 12.9"), and iPad Pro (2nd Generation: 12.9").

Article Link: Feral Releases Rome: Total War Collection on iPad for $16.99

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
You’ve gotta be really into this series to spend that on an iPad title.

Not at all. If they released the one before Rome (Medieval Total War) on iPad, I'd happily pay that. Heck I'd even have to buy an iPad for it.

The Total War games are insanely good and Feral are a brilliant developer who really make sure Mac/iOS ports are smooth as silk. It's not just paying for a game but financially supporting a genuinely great team.

gnipgnop

macrumors 68020
Feb 18, 2009
There is a bit of a premium for the iPad version, as the Mac version on Steam is $9.99. Not surprising though, as the iOS port requires some additional work for touch controls etc. and the iPad market is smaller.

jonnysods

macrumors G3
Sep 20, 2006
There & Back Again
It looks spectacular. I'm not super into turn based games, more into the build-em-up and send-em-out games like Warcraft 2 or Command and Conquer (love Red Alert 2!)

urtules

macrumors 6502
Jul 30, 2010
I'm happy to this port, that's kind of game I would play on iPad.
[doublepost=1510245844][/doublepost]
I'm not super into turn based games
It's not entirely turned based, it has real time battles.
[doublepost=1510246199][/doublepost]
You’ve gotta be really into this series to spend that on an iPad title.
It's a bundle of 3 games. You can get main game for $9.99.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.