OS X Rome Total War New Version 1.3!

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by Dirtyharry50, May 17, 2013.

1. Dirtyharry50 macrumors 68000

Dirtyharry50

I noticed when checking the App Store for updates today that Rome Total War has gotten a massive (4.1 gigabyte!) update to version 1.3. The improvements include:

* Now with Retina support
    * Graphical Enhancements
    * Stability improvements and crash fixes.
    * AI and game balancing improvements.

See the app store update page for further details or wherever you might get your version of the game patches.

Hats off to Feral Interactive for the way they support their games for the long haul. I am really impressed by this as someone who has played computer games since the mid 80's. I can't recall any developer who supports their games so well as these guys do.

Sometimes Mac games may cost a little more but it costs more to make them. And support of this caliber certainly adds significant value. As in all things, you get what you pay for.

Thanks Feral for doing such a great job taking care of your customers and porting excellent titles to our preferred platform! :D

2. ResPublica macrumors regular

ResPublica

Seems like a very substantial update! I'm above all happy that the siege tower bugs should have been delt with. However there are still some bugs I can find directly, like the problem with the Gauls and their temple buildings (look at their Building browser). Still, a great game and a very good Mac port simply got better.

3. tornroos macrumors newbie

This update is fantastic. I got to beta test it and there are a ton of fixes. Rome Total War is the best.

4. Solomani macrumors 68030

Solomani

Gonna sneak in a kudos to both Aspyr and Feral... lately they have been releasing a slew of "updates" to year-old or many-months-old MacOSX games/ports. And these are updates that add significant features to certain games (e.g. adding multiplayer feature when it was lacking prior to the update).

5. Dirtyharry50 thread starter macrumors 68000

Dirtyharry50

I'm glad you mention this. I do think well of Aspyr too. :D

6. edddeduck macrumors 68020

edddeduck

If you don't report the problem when you see it we can't investigate as we don't know it exists. If you haven't already please make sure you send us an email when you find a problem, if you do we will know it needs investigating, if you don't it might get missed.

However if memory serves me I think I heard of this issue and it is a driver bug that only occurs on certain cards and should fix itself when the driver bug is corrected. However to be sure we will need that email with details on the bug and your Mac. See the pre-game Support tab for more details.

Edwin