Rookie Question?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by proimage1, Sep 18, 2011.

1. proimage1 macrumors newbie

proimage1

I noticed on my menu bar at the bottom - I have the # 1 in a red circle on my app store icon -- not sure what that means - can anyone clarify that for me - thanks in advance !

I have a 2010 mid summer iMac running Lion with no problems ![​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

It means you have one download waiting; probably an update to an app you already have.

3. SR45 macrumors 65832

SR45

That Icon goes to the Apple App Store and there is something there for a download or to notify you of something that needs attention.....

4. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

Yep, that's just an update for an app you have from the app store.

5. SimonJ macrumors regular

Also, the "bar" in your screenshot is called the Dock, while the bar on top of your screen (with the clock, volume controls, etc.) is called the Menu Bar.

I'm not trying to be mean here, it's just the way that these things are in OS X and you might get confused if menu bar was mentioned somewhere.

6. proimage1 thread starter macrumors newbie

proimage1

Thanks guys - I had a feeling that was what the # 1 was for - when I go to the app store - it says there is an update for the Lion download - I click download and it starts downloading a file that's over 2 gigs - I aborted the download - then click on software update and it says I'm up to date ? So, I guess I'm confused why it would list the Lion app OS has having an update - any guesses ? I switched from Windows a few months ago and still use both my Win machine and the new iMac - so I'm still getting accustomed to the terminology as in dock !

Thanks again !

Ooops - my bad - there was another update that I missed - I did that update and the # 1 went away. The update was for a photography app I had downloaded.

Thanks again !