Rookie with Question on Adobe & Office

Discussion in 'iPad' started by RugbyBill, Nov 28, 2010.

1. RugbyBill macrumors newbie

I am new to the forum ... tried to find some history on these topics but got lost, so I apologize if this has been asked.

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT BUT ...

I really need to see imbedded videos on a couple of worksites ... is there any rumor on what-where-when this thing with Adobe will get resolved?

Also, is my only option for spreadsheets or documents the APPLE products? I need to use something that my IT group will support so my choices are APPLE, OFFICE, or GOOGLE...but the latter two don't seem to have anything yet.

You guys who comment and help out are really great.

Thanks,

Newbie Bill

2. Kauai macrumors 6502a

There is simply no chance whatsoever that the iPad will see Flash. So you can give up that hope, unfortunately. That being said -- there are some work around, such as sky fire, but I'm not sure if they have an iPad version of their browser yet and honestly most of the workarounds are in themselves quite mediocre.

There are some third-party office applications but honestly the Apple ones are IMO the best ones at the moment. I'm sure some others here will pipe in with suggestions if they don't cut it for you though.

3. TheyCallMeSaint macrumors regular

+1. If you desperately need Flash, there are some workarounds (Sky Fire as he mentioned, VNC into your home computer, etc). Also, regarding editing, you might want to try Google Docs. I don't use it, but they supposedly just released an update for editing on mobile devices such as the iPad. Not to mention it's free! :D

4. Sedulous macrumors 68000

Sedulous

No native adobe flash support will be likely found on the iPad.

Google docs can be used to work with "office" apps. Although I have heard rumors that Microsoft is considering an iPad Office version.