Room escape adventure -- in person

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Doctor Q, Aug 20, 2014.

1. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

I've been to murder mystery theaters where everyone becomes a character in the mystery, and I've played room-escape video games, but a friend just told me about another type of participatory theater called Room Escape Adventures. Has anyone here tried it?

It's a game, available in a dozen U.S. cities so far, for groups of 12 people, who are given one hour to solve puzzles, collect clues, and find a key to get out of the room. Meanwhile, a zombie chained to a wall is gradually getting closer as the chain is loosened by one foot every 5 minutes.

It sounds fun, challenging, and frightening, all at the same time.

2. iBook_Clamshell macrumors member

3. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

That.....sounds quite fun.

I wonder if it could be adapted for play in a forum...;)

4. Doctor Q thread starter Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

I think one of the smart strategies would be to study all of the furniture and other items that are close to the zombie, since you have less time to examine or search them as the zombie is gradually released.

They say that teamwork is required, and you have to do some actions simultaneously. I wonder if it's an advantage to play with people you know? Perhaps playing with strangers would give you more points of view when solving puzzles. They say that more teams fail than succeed! :eek:

5. chown33 macrumors 604

Bring a shotgun and shoot the zombie in the head.

Then shoot the lock off the door.

If I'm required to be in-character, I'd be Elmer Fudd, hunting wabbits.