Room set up...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Andy348, May 7, 2010.

1. Andy348 macrumors 6502

I'm looking to mount an LCD screen on the wall beside my bed to make watching movies and browsing the internet in bed easier. I first figured I'd buy a $10 wall mount from Monoprice, $120 monitor from Best Buy and then that would be it. Sadly, I've run into quite a few other expenses. The wall mount will be ~$50 w/shipping included, the monitor around $170 w/tax incl, then I need another Magsafe adapter which is an easy $70, so I'm already at $290. I then thought that maybe just an older wallmounted iMac would be cheaper, but I'd need a 24".

So I need something to fulfill these needs:

-Download legal files from Transmission ;)
    -Watch movies in AVI format
    -Browse the internet
    -Listen to music

For cheap. My MacBook can be incorporated, or not. At this point, I might even be open to a cheap PC.

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

What's your budget? If you're ready to spend some $, Mini + LCD would be very nice or a wireless HDMI for your MacBook + LCD

3. Andy348 thread starter macrumors 6502

4. Apple-Man23 macrumors regular

i think the solution u have above is about the cheapest out there. if you shell out to buy a new computer mac or pc ur gonna bust ur budget. there are no cheap options for good quality. i say save up a little and then buy when u have the money!