Room tempature

Discussion in 'iMac' started by DeafRaiders, Dec 20, 2012.

1. DeafRaiders macrumors regular

As my iMac went thru a very cold winter to arrive her.... it is better to make it make it get the room temperature before booting up for the 1st time?

That is the most cases with PC I've brought in the past!

2. BSoares macrumors regular

I waited an hour and a half. Because it was cold out and the iMac felt freezing to the touch so I gave it some time to adjust before starting it up. Took that time to clean it up, get the cables in place, etc. Hard to stare at it and not turn it on but I think it was better for it. Condensation would not be good.

3. skyenet macrumors regular

skyenet

Just down the road from you and like you I thought it was a bit cold as mine had been out on a delivery van all day. Unboxed it and left it at room temperature, which was only 18 degrees anyway, for a couple of hours. Better safe than sorry I reckoned :rolleyes:

4. drambuie macrumors 6502a

If any electronics has been subjected to several hours of below freezing temperatures during shipping, it would be best to leave it sealed in the original shipping box in a warm spot for a couple of hours. The problem with unboxing/unwrapping it immediately in a warm interior is that condensation will occur to a degree depending on indoor humidity, both on exterior and internal surfaces. It would be okay to remove items totally wrapped in plastic from the box on arrival, to wait for them to reach close to room temperature before unwrapping.

5. 12dylan34 macrumors 6502a

Most of my computers and electronics, including my new iMac have been delivered in the cold, I've turned them on immediately, and it's never been a problem.

Furthermore, I've left my laptop in the car when it's 20 degrees F outside, then brought it inside and used it regularly. The computer is 5 years old, and still works just fine.

You're thinking about it too much.

6. DeafRaiders thread starter macrumors regular

It's been in the house for 5 hours(been at work all day) so i reckon thats enough time to reach the room temperature :) Got it all setup now!!