Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

crazy$hark

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 24, 2011
I am going to jailbreak my iphone 4 using pwnage. When jailbreaking it asks for the root partition size. What is root partition? Can it be deleted when restoring iphone? also how much root partition will i need if i am going to install 1-5 apps from cydia?

drummr

macrumors regular
Feb 17, 2011
I am going to jailbreak my iphone 4 using pwnage. When jailbreaking it asks for the root partition size. What is root partition? Can it be deleted when restoring iphone? also how much root partition will i need if i am going to install 1-5 apps from cydia?

Why are you in expert mode when you clearly aren't an expert?

crazy$hark

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 24, 2011
leave it default...
I recommend you go the simple mode route...

i would but i just want to be sure cause i wont be downloading a lot of things from cydia so i dont know how much space i need

crazy$hark

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 24, 2011
i probably will, im just trying to find the root partition size in simple mode so that i can take the better one

crazy$hark

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 24, 2011
also by any chance, do you know if (after JB my phone) when i sync the apps i bought, will the save game on them be the same?

crazy$hark

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 24, 2011
last question (it may sound stupid) :p

do i need to update my phone through itunes to 4.3.1 to jb 4.3.1 or can i leave it at 4.3. (cause i am still gonna restore it from 4.3.1 custom firmware)

crazy$hark

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 24, 2011
last question (it may sound stupid) :p

do i need to update my phone through itunes to 4.3.1 to jb 4.3.1 or can i leave it at 4.3. (cause i am still gonna restore it from 4.3.1 custom firmware)

so can anyone answer my question?

crazy$hark

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 24, 2011
I can't knock that. Good for you for wanting to learn about something by doing it. Just don't whine if you screw anything up, okay?

i screwed up plenty of things before :) but i fixed them on my own.
btw i jailbroke my iphone using expert mode. nothing went wrong :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.