Root Password - Jailbreak Reversed

TheGrudge

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 22, 2010
I jailbroke my phone today and gave it a whirl. Even changed the root password as per the online instructions.

I've since decided to go back to a normal, un-jailbroken phone by restoring everything.

In doing so, does that restore the root password back to what it was, or is it still set to what I changed it to earlier today?

Nrwrit3r

macrumors 6502a
May 25, 2010
I jailbroke my phone today and gave it a whirl. Even changed the root password as per the online instructions.

I've since decided to go back to a normal, un-jailbroken phone by restoring everything.

In doing so, does that restore the root password back to what it was, or is it still set to what I changed it to earlier today?
Why do we need to change root psw

TheGrudge

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 22, 2010
I was under the impression that if you kept SSH turned off, you are safe. Is this incorrect?
That was going to be my next question dgstan so good call on that one!
I had a feeling that was the case (doesn't matter if not running SSH), but I wasn't sure. The only reason I had SSH on my jailbreak was to run terminal between my phone and my iMac to change the root password so....in the end, kind of stupid - for me anyway!

I feel somewhat safer now that I've reversed the jailbreak but I do miss LockInfo and SBSettings.

Hmmm.....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.