Phones Rooting Note 2 with Mac.

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by mtenuta, Mar 18, 2013.

1. mtenuta macrumors member

Hi everyone,
    Just switched from the iphone 5 to note2 and im loving the experience so far.
    I just wanted to know if anyone has successfully rooted their I317 model with a mac because the only tutorial ive found is for the other versions.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

2. tbayrgs, Mar 18, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2013

tbayrgs macrumors 603

tbayrgs

I used the method detailed here. While it says it only works for the GT-N7100 model, I was referred to that page from a thread in XDA Developers advising its use for the AT&T model and I can confirm it does work.

One important item not explained in the process though is to make sure that you have USB debugging checked in the Developer options in Settings--won't work if this isn't done.

Best of luck.

3. mtenuta thread starter macrumors member

4. rmecsw macrumors member

Rooting

As a Mac user, I was faced wth same challenge. Mac on gn2 do not play well together. I used xda's exynos , which roots without a computer. It works seamlessly on sgh-1317

5. nick_elt macrumors 68000

nick_elt

the mac and note 2 works fine together. I rooted fine but mine was the international model so i cant help with methods.

----------

http://galaxynote2root.com/ actually just looked it might work with yours

6. mtenuta thread starter macrumors member

Thanks rmecsw but doesnt seem to work on my Rogers phone.