Rose Bowl blacked out on WatchESPN

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by dotheDVDeed, Jan 1, 2015.

1. dotheDVDeed, Jan 1, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2015

dotheDVDeed macrumors member

dotheDVDeed

Moments earlier I watch the final minutes of the Cotton Bowl. Then as the game begins up flashes "Not Authorized". What??? I live too close to Pasadena or something?

Time Warner Cable is my provider for what its worth.

This sucks! :(

2. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

Just saw a tweet from WatchESPN that said they are aware of issues and are working to resolve them ASAP.

3. dotheDVDeed thread starter macrumors member

dotheDVDeed

Thanks for the heads up. I repeatedly tried to re-authorize but had no success. I'll give up for now, I'll try again in a week's time.

4. blujacket macrumors newbie

ESPN has the worst ap..I get that not authorized message all the time on commercial breaks.

5. beachmusic macrumors regular

beachmusic

Thats what the FSU fans said after the 3rd quarter. :)

6. Beezer70 macrumors newbie

The ESPN App crashes on me a lot and gives me a "User not authorized" message. Usually, I have to back out of the app and restart it to get video to start working again. The bigger the event, the more likely it is to happen, and it will happen several times. I've started just watching on my computer. It still buffers, but it doesn't crash as much.

7. jdag macrumors 6502a

I've always wondered if it is ESPN or my internet provider (Time Warner). Appears that the culprit is generally ESPN. And the worst times are clearly during high profile events such as yesterday's football games and during Monday Night Football.

8. brentmore macrumors 6502

brentmore

It'll take some setting up, but I've had almost no problems with using the xbmc/kodi plugin to get access to the ESPN content. It's far faster and more stable than going through the app (on my Amazon FireTV Stick at least).