Rose gold wireless charger

MrMister111

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
UK
After a rose gold wireless charger for daughter. Difficult to find (on Amazon anyway), that is a 7.5W one as well. There is a Ted Baker one which would be perfect, but the price....ouch...

So I've found one of these, which is a power bank, and has a QI built (it's only a 5W one I know but as a external battery maybe makes up for it)
Bonai Power Bank Wireless Charger, 12000mAh Portable Phone Charger 2 in 1 External Battery, Compatible with iPhone X XS XS Max XR 8/8 Plus, Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+ and More- Rose Gold https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07FTJC59X/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_p5GuCbEQZQG5S

What I'm worried about is it will probably be used 90% of the time as a wireless charger, so permanently plugged in, and I'm a little worried with this as also a battery. Do you think it's dangerous to use it like this? Anyone got one?

Or can anyone find a rose gold wireless charger 7.5W please.

Thanks

TheIntruder

macrumors 65816
Jul 2, 2008
Such as this, this, this or this? The last is not 7.5W, but the difference between 5W and 7.5W is negligible anyway.

Amazon's search engine has always sucked, and it's even worse now that results are liberally sprinkled with sponsored items. Use Google instead.

Aliexpress will probably have some options, but dispatch takes longer, and China is on holiday for the next two weeks.

The best fast charger is a cable.

MrMister111

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
UK
Such as this, this, this or this? The last is not 7.5W, but the difference between 5W and 7.5W is negligible anyway.

Amazon's search engine has always sucked, and it's even worse now that results are liberally sprinkled with sponsored items. Use Google instead.

Aliexpress will probably have some options, but dispatch takes longer, and China is on holiday for the next two weeks.

The best fast charger is a cable.
Thanks, the 2nd one isn't fast charge/7.5W for iPhone either though, only 10W for Samsung.

7.5W isn't much faster, but is faster so handy and may as well I'm hoping anyway yet that.

Your correct cable is faster but it's for convenience really and to try and stop so many of her cables being damaged.

I'll need a matching colour cable and probably a higher amp charger to, when it says needs QC2.0/3.0 would an Apple or any 2.4A charger do, or specifically need a QC charger?

Thanks

TheIntruder

macrumors 65816
Jul 2, 2008
All of the wireless chargers I've come across require an 18W QC 2.0 or higher charger, capable of supplying 9V at 2A, to "fast" charge at 7.5W or higher.

An Apple 12W charger is only sufficient for the 5W profile.

Both illustrate one of the trade offs of wireless charging, not only is it slower, but less efficient.