Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Donsell

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 19, 2021
I just got a M1 Mac Mini and I'm running Big Sur 11.3. I'm new to Macs. I have an app that the Apple Silicon Support List says will run under Rosetta 2 that I want to install. (It's Discord) I can't find it in the app store. When I download it from the Discord site I never get the option to install Rosetta 2 and Discord won't run.

I try to install Rosetta 2 from the command line with: "sudo softwareupdate --install-rosetta" and I get "Installing Rosetta 2 on this system is not supported."

Am I doing something wrong, or did Apple really remove support for Rosetta 2 without communicating it?

AppleB

macrumors 65816
Oct 18, 2011
I downloaded the Discord Mac App a few days ago and it works. I have a M1 Mini Big Sur 11.3.

You probably have to lower the security settings of your system for the Discord App to launch.

I use a ton of music production apps and had to do this in order to use them.

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
Am I doing something wrong, or did Apple really remove support for Rosetta 2 without communicating it?
I don't use Discord, but yes, you must be doing something wrong (or something is configured wrong) because Rosetta 2 is 100% fully supported.

Donsell

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 19, 2021
I downloaded the Discord Mac App a few days ago and it works. I have a M1 Mini Big Sur 11.3.

You probably have to lower the security settings of your system for the Discord App to launch.

I use a ton of music production apps and had to do this in order to use them.

Thank you AppleB, this got me through.

Reactions: AppleB
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.