Rosetta, Macromedia Studio 8 on a 2013 iMac

Discussion in 'macOS' started by eljanitor, Jul 8, 2014.

1. eljanitor, Jul 8, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2014

eljanitor macrumors 6502

eljanitor

I have Macromedia Studio 8 and i would like to use it on my 2013 iMac. I was told that I could buy parallels and Install Snow leopard on my new iMac, so I can run Macromedia 8. I'm not sure what to do as parallels wont support Rosetta which I need to run Macromedia Studio 8. I am really frustrated and I was wondering how I can do this?

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

When you install Snow Leopard Sever in Parallels, you can use it and Rosetta within Snow Leopard Server to run PowerPC applications on newer Macs.

3. eljanitor thread starter macrumors 6502

eljanitor

It has to be Snow Leopard Server? It cant just be Snow Leopard?

4. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

It must be Snow Leopard Server. You can purchase it from Apple for $20-$29.

5. eljanitor thread starter macrumors 6502

eljanitor

6. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

The license agreement only allows the virtualization of SL server, not the regular version. There's no other technical reason, other then what apple allowed.

The last time I looked at this, Vmware fusion looked at what version you had and if it wasn't the server flavor it would not work/install. Admittedly that was a while ago.

7. Manic Harmonic macrumors 6502

VMware fusion will work with a standard snow leopard install, or any version of osx for that matter, if you user VMware unlocker. Unfortunately there is no equivalent of that with parallels.

8. eljanitor thread starter macrumors 6502

eljanitor

Parallels 9 & OSX Snow Leopard Server, no issues using Server edition runs Rosetta, Macromedia Studio8 Pro no problems thank you.

9. MichaelLAX macrumors 6502a

I am somewhat surprised that you chose to delete my response to this message, so I will repeat it with the purported "offending" information deleted: