Rosetta software in 2010 MBA?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by dudulang, Nov 10, 2010.

1. dudulang macrumors member

Hello, everyone, I just got my MBA last week and it is my first mac. I am an informatics student and I need the Rosetta software to run some other software. I googled and everyone said Rosetta is an optional software in the Mac OS X install DVD. I checked the Reinstall Drive USB but I didn't find it.
    Does anyone know how can I get this software or where can I download it please? Thank you in advance.

2. iSee macrumors 68040

iSee

If it works like it did last year for me, then Mac OS will prompt you to install it when it is first used. I seem to remember the installer downloaded it, but don't quote me on that.

3. neteng101 macrumors 65816

Rosetta is downloaded and installed on first use.

4. Scottsdale macrumors 601

Scottsdale

Just try to install something that needs it. OS X will prompt you to install Rosetta via Software Update.

5. dudulang thread starter macrumors member

Thank you for your replies. I use Octave to compile matlab files. when I tried to run a "plot" function, it said:
    You need the Rosetta software to run gnuplot. The Rosetta installer is in Optional Installs on your Mac OS X installation disc.

And it didn't start automatically to download the rosetta. Can you tell me which application I should run to start the auto-download?
    Thank you.