Ross Park Mall - Pittsburgh, PA

Discussion in 'iPad Launch Meetups' started by nathanaboyd, Mar 11, 2011.

1. nathanaboyd, Mar 11, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2011

nathanaboyd macrumors newbie

Anyone out there yet??

I am hoping that the lack of posts means that my 2-4pm con call won't hinder my prospects of scooping up the latest iPad... I have an Apple Store gift card so I need to hit the store...

I think I will go do a drive-by and see how things look..

Will update in a bit.

2. AstrosFan macrumors 6502

AstrosFan

I have a little more information, though not a lot.

I spoke to an Apple employee about 30 min ago, and he said something to the effect of, "There is a line out there, not terribly long, but it's early."

So I'm sure there are some people there - hopefully the weather being sub-optimal will encourage people to stay home and keep the lines shorter! :)

3. nathanaboyd thread starter macrumors newbie

There appears to be approx 20 people in line right now.... I am gonna wait this out and come back after my con call...

The roads are fine, and likely not a deterrent... I have a slightly elevated level of concern about getting one today, but will have to let that go....

4. calamod macrumors newbie

Planning to arrive at around 4

Any update on the line? Don't feel like harassing the poor people running the phone at the store.

5. nathanaboyd thread starter macrumors newbie

An Apple Store employee just told us that if everyone in front of us bought 2, there would be no iPads left by the time I got into the store. I think they are being a little conservative, but it's still possible that there won't be the exact model wanted when I arrive at my turn. I am in front of the side entrance to banana republic near JC Penny. I am still cautiously optimistic.

6. AstrosFan macrumors 6502

AstrosFan

Standing in line - guessing at least 100 people.

7. AstrosFan macrumors 6502

AstrosFan

They sold out of 3G models quickly, both AT&T & Verizon. :(

I waited in line for about 50 min - got there very late, at 4:50p - there's that work thing, getting in the way again! ;)

Did not get the 3G models I wanted, but I think the people around me in line were still going to be able to get 16GB WiFi models which they still had in stock when I left the line a while ago.