Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iGav

macrumors G3
Mar 9, 2002
Lord Blackadder said:
Looks like Rossi less interested than Brawn would have us think...

Link

Still, he didn't rule it out entirely.

didn't he say after his first test that his curiosity was satisfied though? ;)

Lord Blackadder

macrumors P6
Original poster
May 7, 2004
Sod off
iGav said:
didn't he say after his first test that his curiosity was satisfied though? ;)

I don't remember, but there certainly seems to be a lot more interest on Ferrari's side than Rossi's.

iGav

macrumors G3
Mar 9, 2002
Lord Blackadder said:
but there certainly seems to be a lot more interest on Ferrari's side than Rossi's.

I'm not so sure...

Brawn is obviously in the know... and he's a man who generally doesn't speak crap, whereas Rossi has a bit of a habit of playing down what he's going to do next... e.g. extending his Yamaha contract, a 2nd test with Ferrari etc.

Either way, Rossi is going to need to test heavily before he's put in a race seat, because his bike fitness won't get him anywhere in an F1 car. So if he does test heavily for the Scuderia next season, I'd say it's a banker that he'll make the switch, if not... :(

Lord Blackadder

macrumors P6
Original poster
May 7, 2004
Sod off
iGav said:
I'm not so sure...

Brawn is obviously in the know... and he's a man who generally doesn't speak crap, whereas Rossi has a bit of a habit of playing down what he's going to do next... e.g. extending his Yamaha contract, a 2nd test with Ferrari etc.

Either way, Rossi is going to need to test heavily before he's put in a race seat, because his bike fitness won't get him anywhere in an F1 car. So if he does test heavily for the Scuderia next season, I'd say it's a banker that he'll make the switch, if not... :(

Good points, and obviously both Rossi and Ferrari think he's potentially good enough.

Still, calling Brawn's statements bullsh*t seems a bit unproductive say about a possible future employer...

EDIT: Like you said, if Rossi has any plans to join Ferrari in '07 (possibly alongside Kimi?) he will have to test often next year, depite what he claims. Maybe by the Ferrari will be fast again.

iGav

macrumors G3
Mar 9, 2002
Lord Blackadder said:
Maybe by the Ferrari will be fast again.

God I hope so... it's being depressing watching Schu not being able to defend his title. :(

Brawn's come out hasn't he, and stated that the chassis isn't up to the job either, deflecting some of the blame from Bridgestone.

But still... you got to take the rough with the smooth, they've won every WCC since '99 and every WDC since 2000.... not bad going really is it. :D

They'll be back next year... ;)

Lord Blackadder

macrumors P6
Original poster
May 7, 2004
Sod off
Looks like you were right before. But lord, wouldn't it be funny if he turns out to be slow in F1 - tests only mean so much, though obivously he has way more racing backround than a lot of rookies in F1. They're set to pay him ridiculous amounts of money though - he'd better be fast.

Counterfit

macrumors G3
Aug 20, 2003
sitting on your shoulder
Lord Blackadder said:
Looks like you were right before. But lord, wouldn't it be funny if he turns out to be slow in F1 - tests only mean so much, though obivously he has way more racing backround than a lot of rookies in F1. They're set to pay him ridiculous amounts of money though - he'd better be fast.
That's why I wasn't completely surprised when JPM won a race in his first season. That Williams was a relatively good car, and he had already won a CART championship (even if he did finish 7th the next year... :rolleyes: ) and Indy. CART (at the time anyway) was still a step up from F3000, even if it wasn't quite the same as F1.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.